tuner not installing

This section of the forum is for discussion relating to the T2 tuner/monitor on Ford vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

2005 f-150

tuner not installing

Post by 2005 f-150 »

i have a trinity ex platinum tuner and the tunes are not installing on my 2005 f-150 when i install a tune there is no change from the factory tunes as if the tune is locked or something. any help with this i would appreciate i have talked to a tech support guy and he does not seem to know anything about what it could be.
mikel

Re: tuner not installing

Post by mikel »

2005 f-150 wrote:i have a trinity ex platinum tuner and the tunes are not installing on my 2005 f-150 when i install a tune there is no change from the factory tunes as if the tune is locked or something. any help with this i would appreciate i have talked to a tech support guy and he does not seem to know anything about what it could be.
Are you saying the tune loads but you dont notice a difference, or it does not load and locks up or gives an error at some point?

Can you post the info.xml file from the t2 drive please?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
2005 f-150

Post by 2005 f-150 »

yes that is correct the tunes are loading but there is no change in anything. for example i have the jlt 87 tune install before i installed it i made changes for example i adjusted the idle rpm all the way up to 1200 both in idle as well drive and it still idles at 600 in neutral and around 530 in drive. i have also made other adjustments such as the transmission shift points and the transmission is still shifting at the factory shift. so i dont know if there are some files missing in this tuner or what the situation is but i know that nothing is working when the tunes are installed. any help would be greatly appreciated. if need be i will gladly mail this back to you all so that you can take a look at it for me. Thank you and i do appreciate it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
slongfellow

Post by slongfellow »

This sounds similar to the problem I have. I also have a 2005 f-150. After installing the T2 platinum it has my speedometer calibration off a minimum of 10 mph. I can change the tire size up or down and it does nothing. Even tried going back to stock and now its wrong. Tech support has sent me new custom tunes that don't work. Now I cant get them to respond to email. I also can not tell any change in shift points or anything. Not real happy with this purchase right now.
mikel

Post by mikel »

2005 f-150 wrote:yes that is correct the tunes are loading but there is no change in anything. for example i have the jlt 87 tune install before i installed it i made changes for example i adjusted the idle rpm all the way up to 1200 both in idle as well drive and it still idles at 600 in neutral and around 530 in drive. i have also made other adjustments such as the transmission shift points and the transmission is still shifting at the factory shift. so i dont know if there are some files missing in this tuner or what the situation is but i know that nothing is working when the tunes are installed. any help would be greatly appreciated. if need be i will gladly mail this back to you all so that you can take a look at it for me. Thank you and i do appreciate it.
ok,device is current.
Not sure what may be happening here.

Can you post the backup file and last tune written files from the device here please?
Also let me know specifically what changes you made when you loaded the tune?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com