Support ctv4 support?

Please give us suggestions on how to serve you better!

Moderator: mikel

daworm

Support ctv4 support?

Post by daworm »

I would love to see diablo get ahold of this car. I realize for the ct4v its the first time 4 cyl format has been used in a V car but this is also the same engine used in the the 4cyl Silverado (L3b) , pcms seem to be different as I already check out part #s and they don't match. (gm parts guys here ) Anyway just thinking.
mikel

Re: Support ctv4 support?

Post by mikel »

Tough spot. I got an ATS in 2013 with the 2.0T, in fact so did a co-worker. We were convinced they would be huge sellers for our market. We developed the heck out of the tunes for the 2.0T (and 3.6) and it never sold enough to justify the time and effort we put into it.
I just cant imagine they'll sell that many. The 2.0T was a standard production motor and it barely moved tuners, with 50+ rwhp gains. The V models will be sold much less and unfortunately I am not sure theres enough market there to justify the R&D.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Definitely agree. I'm not seeing them selling many at all. Every publication rips on the things. They're just not very good sports sedans, especially when you compare them against the German competition (M240, CLA45, S3). When you're spending that much money, theres just no excuse for the half baked cars Cadillac has been turning out lately.

The CT5-V seems to be somewhat better, but still not great, and I'm not seeing the Blackhawk versions being any better. RWD and an antiquated manual transmission doesn't fly in 2020. GM thinks it endears them to "enthusiasts", but in reality the only ones it endears them to is magazine writers. For MY2019, just 1.1% of US sales overall were stick. 1.7% were electric. That leaves 97.2% of sales with an automatic transmission of some sort (planetary, CVT, twin clutch). Nearly half of all sales were 4WD or AWD. The public has spent their money and spoken, en masse. Whoever is running Cadillac is just f*cking stupid at this point even bothering. Who gives a crap what some "journalist" thinks? They had it right with the CT6-V, and then screwed it up. :normal:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

Problem is, the CT6V didnt sell either it seems. And for the money, I would still probably spend my 6 figures on a nice BMW or Audi...
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

The CT6-V was produced in very limited numbers. That hurt it from the outset. Knowing they were only going to be building them for a few months pretty much killed the market. That meant that the aftermarket wasn’t going to touch it, and part availability was going to be scarce. After dealing with trying to find parts for the Lightning, which was made for 6 years and 30k units, I can only imagine how bad it’s going to be for the CT6-V with only 1475 made over two model years.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

Mike_Levy wrote:The CT6-V was produced in very limited numbers. That hurt it from the outset. Knowing they were only going to be building them for a few months pretty much killed the market. That meant that the aftermarket wasn’t going to touch it, and part availability was going to be scarce. After dealing with trying to find parts for the Lightning, which was made for 6 years and 30k units, I can only imagine how bad it’s going to be for the CT6-V with only 1475 made over two model years.
Interesting side note...
I have a document that indicates GM has plans for the Escalade in 21/22 that not only include an LT4 version, but also an LTA (Blackwing) version. Was surprised to see LTA show up for Escalade, or anything at all.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Maybe the higher tech LTA for the Platinum and the LT4 for the V?

Reading up on the Blackwing, I don't know if I could trust it. There seem to have been quite a few low mileage failures, requiring replacement. Wondering if theres some kind of engineering issue with them, or if the failures were due to build issues or not breaking them in properly.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

Hard to say with so few of them out there.

Wonder if anyone has even tuned one??
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

I am finding no tuning for them at all, even by the normal Cadillac tuners like D3.
If I had to guess, I’d say Banks may be the first to tune it. I know Gale got one of the CT6-Vs, so if he’s anything like the rest of us, he can’t leave anything alone and will probably dig into it. :lol:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

Mike_Levy wrote:I am finding no tuning for them at all, even by the normal Cadillac tuners like D3.
If I had to guess, I’d say Banks may be the first to tune it. I know Gale got one of the CT6-Vs, so if he’s anything like the rest of us, he can’t leave anything alone and will probably dig into it. :lol:
Yeah but it will be an inline most likely if he does.
I'm sure theres an easy 40-50+ rwhp from adding some boost.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com