Adjust Rev Limit in Neutral

Please give us suggestions on how to serve you better!

Moderator: mikel

RedJewel2SS

Adjust Rev Limit in Neutral

Post by RedJewel2SS »

Just a suggestion, the stock rev limit in neutral on my 2010 camaro was 4000 RPM before Mr. Lew changed it for me, and the rev limit in gear is 6200 RPM :? ...

i dunno why GM would make it that much of a difference, if the engine doesn't blow at 6200 while in gear, it shouldn't while in neutral! :roll:

i suggest this should be an option, to change the "rev limit in neutral" to a certain degree on the programmers in the next revisions!

what do you guys think :?:
mikel

RE: Adjust Rev Limit in Neutral

Post by mikel »

Not really a good idea to rev a motor with no load like that...pretty sure thats why they put it in there...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
RedJewel2SS

Post by RedJewel2SS »

i see what you mean... never had a car with that low of a rev limit in neutral though. it's just embarrassing when your at the strip about to race a mustang and you rev the engine up to show off what you got, and it won't go into the sweet sounding RPM range!

i don't intend to sit there and keep it at 6200 like they did in the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" when the detective is revving the stolen caddy with drugs in the trunk!
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

then for rare cases like that, when someone wants to be able to do that, they do what you did, and get it done in a custom tune... ;)

besides, the Rustang shouldn't even be trying to run the Camaro...

:lol: :lol:
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
RedJewel2SS

Post by RedJewel2SS »

so would you recommend keeping it the way it is, or go ahead and change it to the tune with a 6200 limit? like i said, i don't intend to rev it past that 4000 mark for more than a second or 2, if/when the time comes i wanna rev it in park/neutral. and the only time i'm going to rev and hold it in neutral will be at the drag strip, where i will hold it at 2800 (stall on stock torque converter) before launching.
propeople

Re: Adjust Rev Limit in Neutral

Post by propeople »

Just put the manet betwin P and R then you can rev,not as easy but works
Mike_Levy

Re: Adjust Rev Limit in Neutral

Post by Mike_Levy »

propeople wrote:Just put the manet betwin P and R then you can rev,not as easy but works
And if it slips you either break your parking pawl or you launch backwards. Sounds like a great idea. :normal:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in