Fog Lamps with Hi-Beams

Please give us suggestions on how to serve you better!

Moderator: mikel

mmills

Fog Lamps with Hi-Beams

Post by mmills »

Is it possible to "fix" the headlights so when you turn on your Hi-Beam Headlights your fogs stay on? I would think as much that you guys have figured out allready, this would be simple. But thats just me. Maybe not. I do know that if you had a "pole" on this... there would be alot of people that would LOVE you guys!
JMHO.
2012 Jeep JKU, Call Of Duty
3.6 Liter, Auto, 4:11 Lockers, Front & Rear, Hardtop, 2" Lift, complete underbody Skid plates.
Options: Navigation, Leather, heated seats, power convenience group, steering wheel
Controls, AEV Bumpers, Mopar power bulge hood.
Mike_Levy

Re: Fog Lamps with Hi-Beams

Post by Mike_Levy »

Not in the PCM, so they can't change it. Thats in the Body control module, which they have no access to.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
mmills

Post by mmills »

WoW.... is there anything you don't know? Maybe they should hire you with your wealth of knowledge!
2012 Jeep JKU, Call Of Duty
3.6 Liter, Auto, 4:11 Lockers, Front & Rear, Hardtop, 2" Lift, complete underbody Skid plates.
Options: Navigation, Leather, heated seats, power convenience group, steering wheel
Controls, AEV Bumpers, Mopar power bulge hood.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Mike_Levy wrote:Not in the PCM, so they can't change it. Thats in the Body control module, which they have no access to.
On DCX, it can be done as a quick adjust, tire size and axle ratio, are in the ABS module sometimes, other times in the FCM, but we tell the PCM to tell that module there is something different. Same for shift points on the LX/LC cars, we tell the PCM to tell the TCM its actually a 3.5 V6, which shifts at 6400, and it raises the shift points :)

On the JKs, we have a quick adjust that allows enabling the fog lights with DRLs, so, same principal.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

that's not the highbeams though... fogs go off when highbeams are switched on, that's different...

I can turn my fogs on when my DRL's are on, works like that stock on my car.. can't do anything about with the highbeams though...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Post by mikel »

06MonteSS wrote:that's not the highbeams though... fogs go off when highbeams are switched on, that's different...

I can turn my fogs on when my DRL's are on, works like that stock on my car.. can't do anything about with the highbeams though...
your not following, its not the specifics that are being discussed here, its the fact that we have the ability to do it.

To make you feel better, we could make foglights work anytime, make the drls use highbeams, make the drls run at 50% (canadian), etc. We also let Jeep guys enable the one touch turn signal function, and more. We'll be adding lots of that stuff for everyone in the DCX world eventually ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

Get the GM G trucks workin' right first before you try to tackle anything new ;)
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net