No dice on the 93 octane tune.

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Nickki69

No dice on the 93 octane tune.

Post by Nickki69 »

Whats up guys new here and also my first mustang. So im running and 2005 mustang gt. It has a cai and axel back mrbp exhaust hurst stifter and pretty sure thats all on the mod bit. But also bought it this way from a dealer.. so i can and have been running the 91 tune and it deff woke this beast up. But when i go to do the 93 tune i always revert to stock tune b4 i try anything.
Anyway the tuner does its thing and when its all done it will read failsafe mode on the dash and no start. It also has a an icon on the dash the lights up and looks like a car with a lock over the top of it. I guess it would be a ignition lock id assume. But when i put the exhaust on i feel like its lost some torque
I have snooped around and see people are talking about increasing global spark by 2 to make it the 93 octane tune. Guess my real question is is it safe or even a real situation.
mikel

Re: No dice on the 93 octane tune.

Post by mikel »

no need to restore before switching tunes...

so, anytime you load the 93 tune it wont run and has a wrench? Are you making any adjustments when you load it?

Which device are you using and whats the current software version?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

OK, if Predator, you may need to look into updating the tool.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Nickki69

Post by Nickki69 »

Thank u good sir. It is a predator and I'll have to look into an update and the cables to go along with that. So the whole global spark is a myth or its just safer to go directly for thexample 93 tune as loaded . .
mikel

Post by mikel »

global spark will work to make a 91 tune a 93 tune, yes.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
CJs197

Post by CJs197 »

That happens to me after i load any tune in to my 05 gt... its not a problem though, when the Tune is done installing and you get that engine failsafe mode message....

Just turn the key off one more time, wait 10 seconds and turn the key on again, the failsafe message will be gone and tune will function. You will need to use the tuner to erase/clear the CEL codes that are a result of the momentary failsafe mode, there will be 3 or 4 errors, some related to obd communication and the throttle body signal, just clear them and everything will be fine.
2005 Mustang GT
FR Axle Back Stingers
Predator u7140 v9r.09