Stolen device

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

ianroydips

Stolen device

Post by ianroydips »

My truck was broken into a couple of weeks ago and I had my tuner stolen. Sucks, I know. The last tune I put on was the 87 octane tune. My question is, if I get another tuner, doesn't the unit have to first download what it believes to be the stock OEM tune? If that is the case, then is it possible my tuner can re-tune something that has already been tweaked? My only other thought is that, these tuners will read the current tune and recognize if it doesn't match with a stock tune. Please advise before I purchase another one. Don't want to be stuck with an 87 tune because I'm already missing my performance tune.
DiabloMatt

Re: Stolen device

Post by DiabloMatt »

ianroydips wrote:My truck was broken into a couple of weeks ago and I had my tuner stolen. Sucks, I know. The last tune I put on was the 87 octane tune. My question is, if I get another tuner, doesn't the unit have to first download what it believes to be the stock OEM tune? If that is the case, then is it possible my tuner can re-tune something that has already been tweaked? My only other thought is that, these tuners will read the current tune and recognize if it doesn't match with a stock tune. Please advise before I purchase another one. Don't want to be stuck with an 87 tune because I'm already missing my performance tune.

if you purchase another device. (preferably a new i2). you plug it in and it will read teh file that is in the truck and tell you it is already tuned. then you send us the backup the tool reads and the info.xml file off the tool. we can convert it and send it back. then you flash the vehicle and it will be back to stock. then from that point on you can use your new tool normally.
ianroydips

Post by ianroydips »

Finally looking to purchase a new tuner. Need to get back on performance tune. Will this process also work if I get the DiabloSport 7120 Predator P2 Platinum Performance Tuner?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yes thats fine.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com