Supercharger for Cobra 01

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

jaco

Supercharger for Cobra 01

Post by jaco »

I bought supercharger form Mustang Cobra 03 for my Cobra 01.
Can I stay with diablo predator U7146 or do I need U7142?
Where can I find a list of Tuners whose may prepare proper custom tune for me via email?
DiabloMatt

Re: Supercharger for Cobra 01

Post by DiabloMatt »

jaco wrote:I bought supercharger form Mustang Cobra 03 for my Cobra 01.
Can I stay with diablo predator U7146 or do I need U7142?
Where can I find a list of Tuners whose may prepare proper custom tune for me via email?

you want to keep the predator that goes with the pcm that you are using. if you are keeping the stock 01 pcm than you want to use the predator that goes with it and just have it custom tuned. something like that i would recommend you getting dyno tuned and not just remote tuned. where are you located?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Looks like he is in Poland :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

Road/air trip! lol
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
jaco

Post by jaco »

Yes, I'm in Poland. My supercharger is taking air trip now (road trip is not possible :)
Problem is that, there is absolutely nobody in Poland who is doing custom tunes for IV gen Ford Mustang. There is one guy, but he customs V gen only on SCT. I've talked with him and he can order email custom from US and customize it for me on dyno here.

For now, I would like to stay with Diablo. Is it safe to order custom tune in US and customize it here only on Diablo Predator (standard settings only)? Or you strongly disadvise it?
mikel

Post by mikel »

it will work fine if you find a good tuner to work with.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

jaco, do you have access to a dyno or do you have a wideband air fuel gauge (lambda gauge) installed on the car?

do you have the software to download and upload tunes to the predator already along with the cable?
jaco

Post by jaco »

It is really hard to find any tuner, who will prepare Predator custom tune for supercharged 01 Cobra :/

Yes, I do have software and cable for Predator (I'm using custom tune from TSS approximately for a year).

I have a dyno with AFR half a mile from home.

As I know, I cannot connect any AFR sensor directly to the Predator, so there is no way to log AFR on Predator?
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

jaco wrote:It is really hard to find any tuner, who will prepare Predator custom tune for supercharged 01 Cobra :/

Yes, I do have software and cable for Predator (I'm using custom tune from TSS approximately for a year).

I have a dyno with AFR half a mile from home.

As I know, I cannot connect any AFR sensor directly to the Predator, so there is no way to log AFR on Predator?

you are correct, there is no want to watch afr on a predator. but that is why i asked about the dyno. the dyno usually has afr monitoring. the tune that is on the car from tss. is it still good? have you changed anything since they tuned it?

why are you looking to have it retuned?

i ask because you can send me the last tune written out of the predator and i tune it for you using data from the dyno. but i need to know how close the tune that is in the car currently is.
jaco

Post by jaco »

Yes, I have dyno with AFR close to my location.
I'm using tune from TSS and it works fine, but two weeks ago some tuner from here after just seeing/smelling exhaust gases said that afr is too rich. So probably it is not perfect.
I haven't changed anything important since then, but now I'm going to install SVT supercharger. As far as I know, after putting supercharger under the hood, I cannot start the engine without proper tune. Am I wrong?
If you can retune my program, that will be great!