2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity
Moderator: mikel
-
98rt_canadian
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 am
2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity
2004 SRT-4
I cannot get my Trinity to restore the original backup so I can update.
2 thing happen when I go into the performance menu:
1) It keeps asking me to turn the ignition on when it is.
2) When I do get into the performance menu and try to restore I get an error message: PCM: Bootup string missing/ VPP issue.
I have tried reseating the cables many times. No luck.
I cannot get my Trinity to restore the original backup so I can update.
2 thing happen when I go into the performance menu:
1) It keeps asking me to turn the ignition on when it is.
2) When I do get into the performance menu and try to restore I get an error message: PCM: Bootup string missing/ VPP issue.
I have tried reseating the cables many times. No luck.
-
BoostingSnail
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:15 pm
RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity
what crom version is currently loaded?
-
98rt_canadian
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 am
RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity
version 1t05f
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity
Hmmm...try it again making sure the e-brake is pulled....happened to have this exact same issue in house a week or so ago.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
98rt_canadian
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 am
RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity
It appears to be a connection problem at the Trinity.
Once I managed to get into monitoring and actually monitor the car I started playing around with the cord and connectors. At the Trinity, if I put even the SLIGHTEST DOWNWARD pressure on the connector the monitoring would freeze. Applying a very LIGHT UPWARD PRESSURE on the connector would resume the live monitoring function.
I believe my connector is fully seated as the locking tabs are in.
Once I managed to get into monitoring and actually monitor the car I started playing around with the cord and connectors. At the Trinity, if I put even the SLIGHTEST DOWNWARD pressure on the connector the monitoring would freeze. Applying a very LIGHT UPWARD PRESSURE on the connector would resume the live monitoring function.
I believe my connector is fully seated as the locking tabs are in.
RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity
As I said on the other forum, you really have to push hard.
The apostrophe does not mean "Look out, here comes an S"!
"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
-
98rt_canadian
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 am
RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity
As I said the locking tabs are in. If both tabs are locked the connection should be reliable. Pushing the connector up or down breaks the connection not pushing it in or out.
RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity
It doesn't sound like that's the case. What happens if you pull on the connector?
The apostrophe does not mean "Look out, here comes an S"!
"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity
Do you have a turbo timer?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
98rt_canadian
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 am
RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity
This is a connection problem at the Trinity. Applying very small force downward and trinity does not respond. Apply very slight force upward, trinity begins responding. This is not in/out force on the connector its up/down
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity
OK, PM me an address and I'll get a new cable out to you.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
98rt_canadian
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 am
-
98rt_canadian
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 am
RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity
I just received my new cable from DiabloSport.
It has completely resolved the issue.
It has completely resolved the issue.
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity
Friggin awesome....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity
Hey guys I'm having the same issue with my trinity. Only difference is I cannot connect at all. I keep getting "make sure key is to the ON position" after wiggling it around and putting light pressure up on the cord all I get is "please unplug tool and try again". I have an aftermarket deck with subs and an amp and I have tried pulling the fuses. I have no aftermarket electronics other than gauges but It was doing this before I put them in. I'm running a stage 1 ecu right now and wanted to go back to the 93 tune. Tried connecting to my buddies srt, same year and same results. I should also mentioned I purchased another cord because this happened once before. So I've tried connecting on 2 different cords on 2 different srt 's.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Justin
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Justin