I purchased a 2007 dodge charger srt8. The salesman mentioned that the previous owner left it tuned, believe it to have been a predator. If I purchase the predator, will I be able to use it since there may be a previous tune on the car? Also, have heard there were some dealer flashes that werent compatible with the tuner, is this issue corrected. Thanks for the info!
Kent
used car, tuned already?
Moderator: mikel
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: used car, tuned already?
Best bet is to have that dealer reflash that car...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: used car, tuned already?
I find it hard to believe a dealer would leave an aftermarket flash in the PCM? Did they provide you with a warranty also? If so, I find it even harder to believe! The man has spoken above^...have them flash it....then get your own/new predator.
05 Mag RT AWD
AFE Stg II CAI
Magnaflow C/B
JBA High Flow Cats
Edelbrock Shortys
SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley
Ported Throttle Body
Jet 180 T-stat
Tune by Johan
BT Catch-Can
AFE Stg II CAI
Magnaflow C/B
JBA High Flow Cats
Edelbrock Shortys
SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley
Ported Throttle Body
Jet 180 T-stat
Tune by Johan
BT Catch-Can
Re: used car, tuned already?
So many people are asking so many questios about the DSP. I just thought I'd throw you a bit of info to put you ahead of the curve with the predator. Tons of good info here. Good luck.ospreytrainer01 wrote:I purchased a 2007 dodge charger srt8. The salesman mentioned that the previous owner left it tuned, believe it to have been a predator. If I purchase the predator, will I be able to use it since there may be a previous tune on the car? Also, have heard there were some dealer flashes that werent compatible with the tuner, is this issue corrected. Thanks for the info!
Kent
http://www.case-enterprises.com/xeryder ... edator.htm
"El Magnifico" 2009 Challenger SRT8 AutoStick, Corsa Sport Catback Exhaust, Trinity 91 Modified Tune, 180 T-stat, Moroso Catch Can, DMH Electronic Cut Outs, ProTorque Billet Stator 3200 RPM High Stall Torque Converter, K&N, BFG 295/40/20w Rear Tires
Re: RE: used car, tuned already?
He didn't say it was a dealer... might be your generic, corner used car lot? At least I'd want them to take it to a dealer and have it flashed to the latest stock tune. It might even be something like one of the original B&G flashes. Nothing wrong with those but I don't think you can't do anything with them with the Predator. You really have no idea what's in there and apparently the salesman thought it necessary to mention it. Any warranty on the car?cleary524 wrote:I find it hard to believe a dealer would leave an aftermarket flash in the PCM? Did they provide you with a warranty also? If so, I find it even harder to believe! The man has spoken above^...have them flash it....then get your own/new predator.
I guess worst case is you have to have it flashed by a dealer.
2006 Magnum SRT8
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve