Hi,
I've found on this forum several threads about 'burning' Predators, most probably connected to early build cars:
http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=P ... ight=smoke
http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=P ... ight=smoke
http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=P ... ight=smoke
Unfortunately, any reason for getting smoke has never been clearly explained. There were suggestions that latest versions of Predator are not compatible with early builds anymore.
Before I buy one for myself, I would like to receive a clear answer from Diablosport, that 2004 Magnum RT is still supported.
Maybe I should ask the dealer for some earlier update when purchasing? It was suggested that latest updates do not include anything for my car anyway...
I hope you understand that I would like to avoid sending the unit back to you from Europe if it burns...
Thanks for answer, and greetings from Poland.
Early builds - 2004 support
Moderator: mikel
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Early builds - 2004 support
Was an isolated hardware issue that should be long gone....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Early builds - 2004 support
Great to hear that, although this could actually mean that I may be unlucky, even with some e-bay 'authorized dealer', if he still has some old Predators in his stock. Reports about this defect were from March - July 2009. Maybe I should wait a little longer, especially as the exchange rate goes down again.
Thank you for answer, Diablo!
Thank you for answer, Diablo!
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Early builds - 2004 support
Do not buy from ebay, problem solved.
Find a dealer that moves lots of Predators, thus has fresh stock, and you will be good to go.
Find a dealer that moves lots of Predators, thus has fresh stock, and you will be good to go.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Early builds - 2004 support
FYI: I had no issues at all with using Predator on my Magnum from 2004. Thanks.
- 09SuperBee
- Posts: 103
- Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:38 pm
RE: Early builds - 2004 support
Stay away from ebay when looking for a Predator... too many people having issues with that, and it ends up being more of a headache in the end. Buy it straight from the source, or a dealer that knows what they are selling.
Options I,II,III-Mods: AiraidCAI w/scoop adapter,180 t-stat,Predator w/ Per93 CAI Tune,BT Catch Can&Bling,KillerGlass,CustomABS Cover,LEDGLOW&Streetglow everywhere,Custom Trunk Liner&Enclosure... I can't stop! It's a sickness!
RE: Early builds - 2004 support
I have an 05 mag RT Was purchased in oct 04 No problems with my predator.......