cacth can 09 charger
Moderator: mikel
cacth can 09 charger
hi everone i bought a catch can for my 09 charger 5.7 rt my ? is can i have the stock air filter bc were they tell me to install it the air filter is in the way thanks for any intel
2012 Dodge Durango R/T
RE: cacth can 09 charger
I have a 2006 300c I have it installed by the batt box on the left side of the engine and my air cleaner is on the right (drivers side). Where is your air cleaner?
RE: cacth can 09 charger
cleaner is on the driver side when it comes out of the throttle body it turns to the driver side but there is a piece coming out on the left side
2012 Dodge Durango R/T
- 09SuperBee
- Posts: 103
- Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:38 pm
RE: cacth can 09 charger
Get the Z bracket, It keeps the catch can out of the way and looks a lot better IMHO.
Options I,II,III-Mods: AiraidCAI w/scoop adapter,180 t-stat,Predator w/ Per93 CAI Tune,BT Catch Can&Bling,KillerGlass,CustomABS Cover,LEDGLOW&Streetglow everywhere,Custom Trunk Liner&Enclosure... I can't stop! It's a sickness!
RE: cacth can 09 charger
Can you post a pic of what you are refering too?
- 09SuperBee
- Posts: 103
- Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:38 pm
RE: cacth can 09 charger
This is the Z bracket from Billet Tech:


Options I,II,III-Mods: AiraidCAI w/scoop adapter,180 t-stat,Predator w/ Per93 CAI Tune,BT Catch Can&Bling,KillerGlass,CustomABS Cover,LEDGLOW&Streetglow everywhere,Custom Trunk Liner&Enclosure... I can't stop! It's a sickness!
Re: RE: cacth can 09 charger
Scott, he has the silencer on his intake tube. I had the same thing on my old 07 300C SRT8. Its in the way. Gonna have to use the fusebox mount.1FST4DR wrote:Can you post a pic of what you are refering too?

RE: Re: RE: cacth can 09 charger
Silencer??? is that like a resonator for the CAI?
2006 Magnum SRT8
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Re: RE: cacth can 09 charger
ya...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Re: RE: cacth can 09 charger
Yep, Actually its a Helmholtz (aka Heimholtz) resonator. Alot of cars have them, the most recognizable, IMO, would be the big ass "Home Plate" on the B-body LT1s.
RE: Re: RE: cacth can 09 charger
Jees, I paid big bucks so I could hear my CAI, and all he has to do is remove that thing and cap it off. 
2006 Magnum SRT8
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve