Bricked PCM
Moderator: mikel
Bricked PCM
U7135 predator used on 2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8 to upload CMR email tune, had old revision (14), and has now bricked my PCM. Spent an hour+ on the phone yesterday with you guys and then tried the other program you emailed me last night, still no good. Truck is dead and I am stuck. I'm most interested at this point in finding out why this happened, I know you guys are blaming the tuner for not telling me to update to the latest CROM file, but I've heard differing opinions on whether or not this is critical. How do I find out what corrupted the PCM and is there any other plan of action now other than replacing the PCM? I figured I'd post here since I've been on hold for 15 minutes trying to call your office
check that, 20 minutes. . then I hung up. Please contact me today regarding this manner, either here or by phone (I emailed my work num. to Mike M last night)
RE: Bricked PCM
hello? anybody there? yoo hoo?
RE: Bricked PCM
Hi Dr.steve!
Best thing it to sit tight! I know this is frustrating! But they'll answer you as soon as they can! The pcm doenst need to be replaced perse you could try to reset it by the dealer. But then you'll peoberly have a locked predator that doenst work any more unless you spend 120 dollar i believ to get it unlocked.
Just try to call them and or post here!
Goodluck with the waiting!!
Best thing it to sit tight! I know this is frustrating! But they'll answer you as soon as they can! The pcm doenst need to be replaced perse you could try to reset it by the dealer. But then you'll peoberly have a locked predator that doenst work any more unless you spend 120 dollar i believ to get it unlocked.
Just try to call them and or post here!
Goodluck with the waiting!!
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Bricked PCM
I dont know that we are blaming anyone.dr.steve wrote:U7135 predator used on 2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8 to upload CMR email tune, had old revision (14), and has now bricked my PCM. Spent an hour+ on the phone yesterday with you guys and then tried the other program you emailed me last night, still no good. Truck is dead and I am stuck. I'm most interested at this point in finding out why this happened, I know you guys are blaming the tuner for not telling me to update to the latest CROM file, but I've heard differing opinions on whether or not this is critical. How do I find out what corrupted the PCM and is there any other plan of action now other than replacing the PCM? I figured I'd post here since I've been on hold for 15 minutes trying to call your officecheck that, 20 minutes. . then I hung up. Please contact me today regarding this manner, either here or by phone (I emailed my work num. to Mike M last night)
I was told by Mike M that you mentioned that your CMR tuner specifically told you that you did not need to update the Predator. IMO, thats not good advice, especially for someone on as old of a revision as you were on, but none of that gets us closer to fixing your car.
I asked Mike to have you call to try one more thing, we're here and waiting.
Thanks
Mike
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Re: Bricked PCM
that's great that you are there and waiting, but I am at my office and can't wait on hold 30min while patients are waiting. Also, I am at work and the Jeep is home and dead, so if you have any other ideas, please post them up here or email them. I will try to call your office again but if I'm left on hold, I'll have to bail. And yes, the person that was walking me through the process (after I asked him if I should update the CROM) told me it was not necessary and that he had done CMR's with old CROMs many times prior with no issues. Please, if you guys think you can fix this, let me know, I have already called the dealer and arranged for my tow 
RE: Re: Bricked PCM
I'm now on hold . . . again
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Re: Bricked PCM
Dr. Steve, I just followed through this drama on Cherokeesrt8, and I have one bit of advice to publicly offer to you.
DO NOT LISTEN TO Blown7.
He has an agenda, and it does not invlove helping you.
For him to publicly post up that 'if a Pred does not recognize the PCM, neither will a Star Mobile, thus the PCM is bricked'....LOL.
This clearly illustrates his lack of awareness.
Like he said, we have NEVER bricked a HEMI PCM, and we dont plan to start here.
This has happened in the past (people uploading new custom tunes with OLD revisions), and we have fixed it each time. Problem is, it has not happened in so long, (since ALL CMR delaers seemed to be aware that they should have customers update) that we do not recall what the fix was back then, but we will figure it out.
Worst case scenario is we will call tag the PCM, and reflash it here.
I see you keep referring to the PCM being bricked, and it is NOT.
DO NOT LISTEN TO Blown7.
He has an agenda, and it does not invlove helping you.
For him to publicly post up that 'if a Pred does not recognize the PCM, neither will a Star Mobile, thus the PCM is bricked'....LOL.
This clearly illustrates his lack of awareness.
Like he said, we have NEVER bricked a HEMI PCM, and we dont plan to start here.
This has happened in the past (people uploading new custom tunes with OLD revisions), and we have fixed it each time. Problem is, it has not happened in so long, (since ALL CMR delaers seemed to be aware that they should have customers update) that we do not recall what the fix was back then, but we will figure it out.
Worst case scenario is we will call tag the PCM, and reflash it here.
I see you keep referring to the PCM being bricked, and it is NOT.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Re: Bricked PCM
Just a quick note Steve. Dont tell your dealer about you tuned the it with a diablo sport predator. They can make it hard on you with you warranty if you still have any 
RE: Re: Bricked PCM
is there any other number I can call or can you guys call my office like I originally requested????
RE: Re: Bricked PCM
Just spoke to Mike L (thanks for talking me down off the ledge), he is certain that there is a fix for this and I will try it tonight. . . updates to follow
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Re: Bricked PCM
email sent...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: RE: Re: Bricked PCM
no worries, way out of warranty. . . though i do have an aftermarket warranty that might cover it. Either way, both DS and the tuner have offered to help with this and make sure I'm not screwed out of pocket.Solid wrote:Just a quick note Steve. Dont tell your dealer about you tuned the it with a diablo sport predator. They can make it hard on you with you warranty if you still have any
And thanks Mike for the advice, I'll try the fix tonight and let you know what happens.
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Re: RE: Re: Bricked PCM
Good deal.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Re: RE: Re: Bricked PCM
well, here we go again. Just got home from work, did exactly as Mike instructed, and the predator is telling me that it isn't licensed for use in my vehicle. So now do we agree that my PCM is fucked and I need a new one? I am tired of screwing around with this thing and would like some solid advice. Please post up or contact me at the number I provided in the email.
RE: Re: RE: Re: Bricked PCM
PCM isn't fucked. Tuner needs to be reset. You really need to call while you are at the truck, with the tuner powered up so they can help you at that time. Giving advice and then waiting isn't the way to get stuff fixed.