JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
Moderator: mikel
RE: JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
Everything seems to indicate that.
2006 Magnum SRT8
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve
RE: JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
Well, so much for easy.
Just came from the station, no exhaust leaks, no vacuum leaks. Fuel pressure is steady 58-60psi, O2s are fine.
They're thinking its could be the PCM, and wanna try swapping out a new one. How do I do that with the tune? Can I just do a Backup on the original PCM, and then install the tune on the new one, assuming its the same revision? That'll work, right?
Just came from the station, no exhaust leaks, no vacuum leaks. Fuel pressure is steady 58-60psi, O2s are fine.
They're thinking its could be the PCM, and wanna try swapping out a new one. How do I do that with the tune? Can I just do a Backup on the original PCM, and then install the tune on the new one, assuming its the same revision? That'll work, right?
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
seems highly unlikely that it is the PCM....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
Got a guess of what it may be? My thought was possibly a bad injector or 2, or perhaps a bad MAP sensor.
RE: JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
Okay, just heard back. They're condemning the tune. Don't know why all of a sudden the tune would be causing a problem?
If they didn't hit me for an hours labor everytime I swapped the exhaust, I'd be tempted to put back the Magnaflow and see what happens.
If they didn't hit me for an hours labor everytime I swapped the exhaust, I'd be tempted to put back the Magnaflow and see what happens.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
Yeah, if it did not throw codes for ever, then just started, it is the truck, not the tune...
Isn't AJ back in the country?
Isn't AJ back in the country?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
They still think its the PCM or the tune. I gotta see if I can get ahold of AJ.
All thats showing thats not normal is the LTFT, which is about 21 where spec is 18. And vacuum, which is slightly higher then spec as well (which is weird since the cam should theoretically lower it).
All thats showing thats not normal is the LTFT, which is about 21 where spec is 18. And vacuum, which is slightly higher then spec as well (which is weird since the cam should theoretically lower it).
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
You dont have your truck serviced at the dealership where AJ works?
I would guess nothing gets a new PCM at that dealership until AJ says so, especially if he tuned it!
I would guess nothing gets a new PCM at that dealership until AJ says so, especially if he tuned it!
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
Actually no it doesn't get serviced there. The dealer I bought it at gives me free maintenance, so I take it there for normal maintenance and to the service station by my house for mods. Only time it goes to AJ or Westbury is when it needs warranty work. He's too hard to get to go there for anything else.
RE: JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
Okay, how do I reset the engine adaptives? STFT is fine. The LTFT is messed up though, at 25% on bank 1 and 22.7% on bank 2. I need those cleared out so I can start from scratch.
I tried pulling the PCM fuse and cycling the key to discharge it, but they didn't clear.
I tried pulling the PCM fuse and cycling the key to discharge it, but they didn't clear.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
reflash or disconnect battery....
but they are going to go right back to +25%....
but they are going to go right back to +25%....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
Yep, went right back. 25% and 22.7%. Are they actually being cleared? Because the STs are way different.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
Yes, they are clearing, but there is a leak or something causing them to peg like that...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
You might try swapping out the O2 sensors next, if you're sure there isn't an air leak...
I think the fact that you're getting that code means it's less likely there is something wrong with the O2 sensors but maybe they got sprayed with something while they were changing the exhaust or something like that causing them to be out of calibration in one direction.
Do you have any previous logs of MAP to compare that to?
I think the fact that you're getting that code means it's less likely there is something wrong with the O2 sensors but maybe they got sprayed with something while they were changing the exhaust or something like that causing them to be out of calibration in one direction.
Do you have any previous logs of MAP to compare that to?
2006 Magnum SRT8
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: JOHAN; Toon is throwing codes
did they do any welding when they swapped the exhaust?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]