2002 duramax predetor malfunction unknown error please help

Predator support for GM diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

lasvegasguy

2002 duramax predetor malfunction unknown error please help

Post by lasvegasguy »

i recently sent in my predetor for a upgrade . ive never had any :( problems with my unit .. till now.. i had to reinstall the factory tune last week to go to dealer for service . when i got the truck back i tried to install my tow 40hp tune , it loaded to 100 percent then asked me to turn the key off then on which i did , it then had ahour glass come on . then said unknown error , i can scan for codes ... now my truck gauges dont work and the security light flashes constant as well as 4 wheel drive which mine is 2 wheel drive, i called mike l yesterday and spoke to him , he tried to force the predetor but didnt work , he said he would get back to me in a email message in 2 hrs , i havnt recieved any emails or phone calls.. i need to know if i need to head for the stealership and pay 126 dollars for a reflash and what to do with a broken tuner , i cant tell my temp of my engine or oil of gas gauge ,, im still runnin though ,, .. any help would be great ... randy 702 326 8474 or email me at polarismechanic@yahoo.com i also posted a video on utube DIABLOSPORT PREDETOR PROBLEM ..... thanx
lasvegasguy

RE: 2002 duramax predetor malfunction unknown error please h

Post by lasvegasguy »

mikel

Post by mikel »

I think I remember talking to you last week.

This was the one where you said the screen was not working on 1/3 of the LCD display, but that you went ahead and flashed the truck like that anyhow, and then it was fine for over a week, and suddenly the truck started having problems?

If the problems started a week after the truck was last flashed, it has nothing to do with the Predator, and I would advise a dealer reflash.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
lasvegasguy

Post by lasvegasguy »

lets back up to last week ,, i called you and said my screen had quit working , i stated part of the screen had not worked since i recieved it from your company , you stated the screen was bad and to pay another 100 dollars for a screen replacment.. to pay first to get a rma number remmeber i got such a hard time from you ... remember? i took the truck back to the dealer they found the 20 amp fuse was not making good contact i paid for that . the screen worked .. you could have told me to check the fuse right?? technical support the dealer found that in maybe 2 minutes .... im not trying be a butthead, i get the truck home with the stock tune , and we are here now , is it the resentment that has befreinded us now?? is it that i would have paid the 100 dollars for a fuse? i didnt build the unit , i have never had a single problem till now, i guess with the lfirst phone call to you about a screen thats blank ended in dissaster , i trully think the guy on the end of our phone was somehow upset already , i wish we could have ended on a happy note of " DID YOU CHECK THE 20 AMP FUSE THAT MIGHT NOT LET THE PREDETOR COME ON " that would have solved a lot .. i did pay money for a fuse that wasnt making contact my fault , now the truck is a total let down ... i just sent the truck to my local dealer ....the predetor is stuck in its mode and my trucks pcm is going crazy ... ive seen several posts of the same thing .... THE TRUCK WENT TO THE DEALER NOT FOR A FLASH BUT A UPDATE .. no reprogramming ...synopsis my truck was great till i tried to modify the tune .... im sure ive learned a valuable lesson this week ... ITS ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE ....
lasvegasguy

Post by lasvegasguy »

p.s. look in the video the screen is still goofed ... readable but goofed ..... ive posted a video ....
mikel

Post by mikel »

I have never heard or seen an issue where a unit powered up part of the way due to a blown fuse....that is a new one.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
lasvegasguy

Post by lasvegasguy »

here is the final video for you to see ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBHveJSSC1k. im taking my truck to the dealer to get fixed i will post the bill and the comments from the tech ..... as far as the predetor maybe use it as a paper weight in the office ....... if you look at a similar post one guy has waited a year for a resolution .... good job mike saving company money and letting customers down .... im sure these posts will be taking off soon ....
lasvegasguy

Post by lasvegasguy »

i never said the unit powered up part way to a blown fuse , i said the screen wouldnt work ..... and the tech said the fuse wasnt making good contact because of a corroded fuse it happens quit a bit ... your tech was wrong in the first place , my video proves this , .........all i wanted was resolution to a problem with my unit ... all i got was a hassle and a tech who wanted dollars for his company probably a profit sharing program ...and thats cool .... what would have happened mike if i would have gave in to the techs demand for me to rma my unit for a new screen and the 100 dollars collected up front ..sounds fishy to me ... sent my same scanner back with my old screen .. and maybe i would call and say the screen still dont come on ... check the 20 amp fuse wallah !! your predetor works sir ... there is no way for you to get out of getting caught with your pantz down on this one .....your tech told me the screen was bad end of story ......Watch
mikel

Post by mikel »

Sir, I asked you if there was a blown fuse when we spoke, and you boldly declared that you are a 'dealer technician, and you would know if you had a blown fuse.'
Dont put this one us.
Profit sharing huh, thats a good one.

Also, we would not have replaced the screen if it came here and worked for us.
I asked you if you tried it in another vehicle, and you again insisted that iut did not work in another vehicle, so how in the world am I supposed to help you? WHY would I assume it was a fuse, if the screen did not work in multiple vehicles?
Did every vehicle you plugged it into have some corrosion on the fuse?

Talk about pants down....
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
lasvegasguy

Post by lasvegasguy »

you can say what ever you want to make up any story to cover your butt... i really dont care .. i will post my frustrations on every deisel site on the net , im not the only person you gave up on .... further more i will be taking you 2 small cliams court here in las vegas , if you dont show up i win , i really dont care now , you have ruined my truck with a faulty tool that you sell... im tired of your merry go round circus act ... as soon as my truck comes back and the dealer lets me know your predetor ruined my pcm , then its time to go to court ... i really dont care .... maybe it will be fun for your company to come to vegas and play court room drama ,... im really mad at your company , times are tough for every body including customers .... i will be getting in contact with others you have done this too .... it aint rite i never asked for anything you couldnt give ... you dont care for any customers after the sale ... profit sharing company ...... my video proves you wrong on the first incedent .... either way i know your standpoint and so do others ....... maybe you really dont care about customers and providing a good product .... but i will force you to pay for the damage to my truck ...thats what court is for .... good luck my attorny will be in contact with your company .... have agreat day IF YOU HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COTACT ME ... I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU .....
mikel

Post by mikel »

How does your video show that you did not share the whole truth with me the first time you called?

I gotta say, this would have gone a different way had you not lost your cool with me on the phone.

I am confident you will find no one to back you up on this issue, as we have excellent customer service, especially when the customer is willing to answer our questions fully when we ask, so that we can help.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
lasvegasguy

Post by lasvegasguy »

my video proves your either incomptence as a tech or flat out money hungry straved company .... either way this should have been resolved . either way , the only reason i got upset was your cash money upfront style of business ... you told me point blank fill out the rma form with a credit card first send us the money we will look at direction.. i seroiusly think you could have defused a upset customer , but you said you had other customers waiting on the line for your help remember ? either way you and your company havnt spent a dime or a minute helping , only playing high school drama of hurt feelings ,, sounds childish to me .. most companys with class and excellent support staff relize there are some tough customers out there ... now remember this, my predetor was sent in for a upgrade nothing else it functioned well .. i paid for the upgrade only 60 days prior ...i think your future customers might read this and have to think .....will it happen to me ?/??? i dont expect any help from you .. i paid 375 dollars for this paper weight , it has half of my trucks programming stuck in it , im sure i will need a new pcm for sure ....im out close to a 1200 dollars for this . i really didnt need this hassle or expense . maybe you will goto sleep tonight dreaming of the hard core sting you have gave me .. only a broke going out of business does this to customers ... i will post the bill on you tube with your name all over it ,,, maybe in a year ill keep a few guys from buying your products ... i promise you i will be affording all of my spare time to the net tarnishing your company for the STING you have done .. sincerly yours with a warm and freindly smile ..xmas is around the corner maybe your getting some customers to upgrade there units .. maybe buy that new car you have wanted how nice ......keep on putting the screws on customers you know your job .... always tell them you will email them a solution ......good 1 .. never call its tacky and time consuming ,,,costs the company money to install a phone ... one day your doors will shut .... i cant wait goodnight they should name you the iron mike tyson ...the 1 ....2... punch ....
mikel

Post by mikel »

Nobody is charged anything UP FRONT.

If it came here, and the screen worked, we would simply put it back in the box and send it home, no charge.

I do like the Iron Mike part though....nice.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com