Modified Trinity pod mount for A Pillar - Charger

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
TIGwelder
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:36 pm

Modified Trinity pod mount for A Pillar - Charger

Post by TIGwelder »

This subject came up on another forum. I figured I'd share it with the Diablosport forum crowd in case somebody is interested.

This project relates to using an Autometer 12236 a pillar 2 gauge pod in a 08 Charger along with the Trinity pod mount.

Since the Trinity is a large piece, it's difficult to mount in the A pillar pod. In the top gauge position it will block the lower gauge and in the bottom spot the dash is in the way in the Charger

I was looking for a solution and decided to build a bracket to shift the Trinity into a position where it fit nicely and I could still use the Trinity pod mount in the lower pod position.

I first created a cardboard template that slid into the back of the Trinity. I wanted to shift the Trinity to the left and down. I measured the thickness of the slide portion of the mod mount and it's around .119 so using 1/8" aluminum sheet seemed like the best solution. It will work and still allow the Trinity to slide on and off the mount.

Image


I used 1/8" aluminum sheet. I would guess that you could also create this mount out of some type of rigid plastic.

Using the cardboard template I then made the aluminum bracket for the mount and refined the design a bit. I also added a hole in the bracket so the Trinity locks into place and you can use the Trinity's release tab to slide it off the mount.

I'll post a few pics here as click-able thumbnails. Below there is a link to all the photos.

Comparison shot of both the cardboard template and aluminum bracket. Notice I added the hole in the bracket for the locking mechanism.
Image

Checking out the pod mount. The bracket has a small bend in it near the pod mount to allow the Trinity to slide on and off without touching the countersunk mounting hardware.
Image

Test fitting everything. It's in an awesome spot. Sitting in the driving position it's in view and not blocked by the wheel. Also it's clear of the dash and about 3" from the door. Also since the pod mount is a pivot mount you still have the ability to adjust it up, down, left or right
Image



Here's a link to pics making the bracket and how it looks installed in the car. Just use the Next button on the right of the screen to step through the photos. Each has a small description below it.
17 Images of the bracket during while I was test fitting and making it.

I totally recommend this as a mounting solution. It's a great fit and I will have a perfect view of it and the Innovate AFR gauge that will be installed above it.

Now if Diablosport only made a cable with a 90 on the Trinity end facing back...it would be (.)(.) :)
User avatar
gizmodo
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:52 pm

RE: Modified Trinity pod mount for A Pillar - Charger

Post by gizmodo »

Nice work! That cable is really in a bad spot though, I wish they would have put the connector on the back.

This is how I mounted mine:
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq17 ... y002-1.jpg
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq17 ... ity003.jpg
The apostrophe does not mean "Look out, here comes an S"!

"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
adidas_kn
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:34 pm

RE: Modified Trinity pod mount for A Pillar - Charger

Post by adidas_kn »

Very kool guys. Creativity always wins.
TIGwelder
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:36 pm

RE: Modified Trinity pod mount for A Pillar - Charger

Post by TIGwelder »

Gizmodo, I guess you removed the original casing and just mounted the display in your custom box?
User avatar
gizmodo
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:52 pm

RE: Modified Trinity pod mount for A Pillar - Charger

Post by gizmodo »

Yup.
The apostrophe does not mean "Look out, here comes an S"!

"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
Weedahoe
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:29 pm

RE: Modified Trinity pod mount for A Pillar - Charger

Post by Weedahoe »

Nice setup. I really dislike the way mine is mounted in my triple pillar. Maybe i can make something like this work for me also
2004 DR QC, 5.7, CAI, 6.1 rods/springs, KRC 210 cam, Pacesetter LTs, x-pipe- no cats, dual DMH cutouts, 6.1 ignition conversion, Auburn LSD w/456 gears, e-fan, powerwire, Sonnax line boost, Trinity CMR 93 tuned, Innovate LC-1
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity Dodge Gas”