ATTN C6 Vette users!

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

mikel

ATTN C6 Vette users!

Post by mikel »

It has come to my attention that the C6 has a 10 minute time out feature that turns the car off if left in accesory mode for more than 10 minutes.
Please keep this in mind any time you are planning to upload a tune, especially if you are going through and modifying parameters.

There are two things that you really NEVER want to do while a Predator is writing to the car:
1.Unpluging the Predator
2.Turning the car off

Either of these two errors will cause a no-start situation, requiring the PCM to be reflashed with a Tech-II.

Thanks
Last edited by mikel on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

RE: ATTN C6 Vette users!

Post by mikel »

Here is a method to avoid this situation, by putting the car into 'run' position:

Push and hold the bottom half of the switch in for 5 or 10 seconds and it will go from accessory mode to "run" but wont start.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
emiked

Post by emiked »

Hi Mike - small FYI/update - after I did a little more digging, I found out the the 10 minute time out is when you shut off the engine - you have about 10 minutes of continued accessory power or until you open one of the doors.

When you do a hard switch into accessory mode, the timeout is about 20 minutes - still risky if you are sitting ther fiddling with various parameters...20 minutes can go by before you know it!

Thanks.
emiked

Post by emiked »

One more caution - don't forget to turn your headlight switch from "Auto" to "off" - especially if you are working in a garage; the auto setting may turn on the headlights when you get into "run" mode with the above mentioned technique and you don't want this extra load while programming.
syswayne

Post by syswayne »

What is the difference in a Sport Predator and just a Preadator
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

there is no "sport" predator....

they're all "Diablosport" Predator's...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
BFD1

Post by BFD1 »

Mike, after downloading the 9t14d revision into my predator, necessary after installing a performance tune with the 9r12 and being unable to get back into my car's PCM, I was able to get back into my C6's PCM to install "origianl backup" and now my car is fucked! It's stuck in limp mode; i.e. "reduced engine power" it will start & idle, but has no throttle + a bunch of other problems like "service traction control", "Service ABS" etc. Vas suggested that I disconnect the battery, done that....twice to no avail. He suggested that I install a performance tune again and then download the tune out of the tool via DSDL, again to no avail :evil: :x :cry: :( :?: :?:
BFD1

Post by BFD1 »

hello?
mikel

Post by mikel »

sir, I dont generally check these stickies for new posts, I did see your new thread, no sense in posting in a non constructivemanner though.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
stevegoeschl

fear

Post by stevegoeschl »

wow i just got my new u7194 read the small manual now iam really scared 300.00 +- predator vs. 62,000.00 vette :shock:
06MonteSS

RE: fear

Post by 06MonteSS »

:lol: :lol: !!!!

no need to be worried/scared...

load the tune and enjoy!!
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
CANUCKPREDATOR

RE: fear

Post by CANUCKPREDATOR »

i'll tell you what, i'll take that 62,000 vette off your hands if your THAT concerned.
quimbo

Re: RE: ATTN C6 Vette users!

Post by quimbo »

mikel wrote:Here is a method to avoid this situation, by putting the car into 'run' position:

Push and hold the bottom half of the switch in for 5 or 10 seconds and it will go from accessory mode to "run" but wont start.

Thanks
Thank Mikel how long should it take to upload diablo tune and download stock tune? How long will the car stay in this "run" mode?