"This Vehicle Needs an Update Download Here.."

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

j.mike@diablosport

RE: 2008 Road&Track Charger R/T, new 9R27 download not a

Post by j.mike@diablosport »

We are having some trouble with our server today. Please get me the calibration ID of the vehicle by selecting
OPTIONS/TROUBLESHOOTING/SHOW CALIBRATION ID
While hooked up to the vehicle with the key on and we can email you the file directly. Then email that to
support@diablosport.com
and we can email you the file directly.

Or simply wait and try it later today or tomorrow and we should have it fixed by then.
Diablosport Sales Team
Caffeine Engineer

Please do no PM me! Send an email to mikem@diablosport.com if you need to contact me.
james1209

Post by james1209 »

Hello Mike,
I am having the same issue as outlined above.
I had my car in the dealership yesterday for the same lost of power issue.
They flashed the calabration to 05094592AH.
I called your tech support and they advised me to downgrade but I am concerned that this may cause my car to stall as well.
Will there be an update to this calabration soon?
Will the stalling issue come back if I downgrade?

Cheers!

Make, model and year of vehicle - 2006 Chrysler 300 w/ V6
model # of Predator or Trinity - U7136
software revision on the Predator or Trinity - Release 9r06
C.Roser

Post by C.Roser »

my 7137 pred tells me that my 09 aspen isnt supported update calid it is the lastest version udate as well.... just a confused noob here. and can't get anything above to work or the other post's instructions
Stang33

Post by Stang33 »

Hi guys, have problems to communicate with my 2010 Grand Cherokee SRT8.
Predator Version u7535
Crom v.9r27
CalID 68041666AA

My VIN 1J4RC7GW7AY101857

I can Not Run the dcx update, because i don't have this Tab...

Need help, don't know what to do now.
Thanx
Chis
ihatespamiam

Vehicle needs an update, but no update to be found?

Post by ihatespamiam »

I tried installing a performace tune on my stock tuned 2008 Dodge Charger.
when I select Performance tune, and agree, it comes up with the message that this vehicle needs an update. When I plug it back into my PC, DSD Downloader recognizes ther tuner, but doesn't pull up any additional tabs to download a calibration update. I'm asuming I should see something there judging by the other posts I'm reading. All the software I have has been downloaded from the website and are the most current ones listed. Am I missing a link somewhere? Thanks
U7135
v.9r27
2008 Dodge Charger R/T
PCM:05094965af
Cold air intake.
Ram air hood.
06MonteSS

RE: Vehicle needs an update, but no update to be found?

Post by 06MonteSS »

the VEHICLE needs an update, not the tool...

go to www.diablosport.com/dcx and follow the instructions..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
ihatespamiam

Post by ihatespamiam »

I understand that the vehicle needs the update, but I don't have the tab
If the software detects that you need a proper update, you will see a new tab at the bottom of the application labeled "Calibration Update". Click on the bottom labeled "Calibration Update" and look for a button that says "Calibration Updater". Click that button.

The tool says that my vehicle needs the update, DSDdownloader doesn't show the tab.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

are you using the latest version of the DSDownloader?? version 2.2.2.4...

if not, download the new version and install it.. then do the update...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
ihatespamiam

Post by ihatespamiam »

Yes, the latest version in the downloads area. Version 2.2.2.4
dc0ntreras

Post by dc0ntreras »

Your new Version 2.2.2.4, installs Trinity drivers on my PC. It does not let me bypass the Trinity driver install. I de-selected the Trinity option at the beginning and did the Custom install. Just FYI. It is upgraded to 2.2.2.4. I just did not know if you guys knew that Predator DSDownloader is getting extra files that are not needed or are they needed for the 2.2.2.4?
Thanks
ihatespamiam

Post by ihatespamiam »

This is what my tool says after I've plugged it into the car and then plugged int my computer. It is not storing the calibration data to make the update. I talked to, I believe Vance last week. When I tried calling back the next day, I think you folks were having problems with your phones, so I'm kinda at a standstill now. You'll notice that the Vehicle Calibration line is not stored here. it shows the calibration number when the tool is plugged into the car. It is 05094965AF. I think the tool is communicating fine because I can monitor the live data through my laptop.
Thanks John

Auto Connect is ENABLED.
Legacy Connect is DISABLED.
A tool was found on COM6 at 115200 baud.
XML RPC commands are AVAILABLE.
XML RPC protocol version is 1.60
Tool type = 'Predator'.
Serial number = '218113796'.
Part number = 'u7135'.
CROM version = 'u7135-9r27 07/14/2010 01:25:47 PM boot3'.
Vehicle VIN = '2B3LA53H68H174592'.
Vehicle Calibration = ''.
Original backup NOT saved.
Tool is Married FALSE.
Single user tool FALSE.
Using Class2 Protocol FALSE.
Calibration Updates are SUPPORTED.
A Calibration Update is NOT required.
XML RPC WILL be used for FRG transfers.
Tune compression is AUTOMATIC.
Tune compression is set to ENABLED.
Tool registration is NOT supported.
Tool SUPPORTS multiple ECUs.
Tool reports 1 ECUs.
Multi ECU Backups : 0
Marriage VIN : 2B3LA53H68H174592
Tool ID :
Desc :
Multi ECU Tuning : 0
Server:
Freezeframe40

Post by Freezeframe40 »

06 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi.....Purchased a U7137x, received it about an hour ago and as soon as I plugged it into the truck I get the vehicle needs an update message. I go to the update page and am instructed to buy a cable to download the update. What is the deal? I just bought it and now it is USELESS until I purchase more equipment from you! This is BS and seems to me to be a scam. If the tuner is delivered USELESS UNTIL UPDATED, why not just include the required cable with the unit and raise the price accordingly. At this point I am D#mn sure not happy with your product.
concoursd

Post by concoursd »

The tuner is probably up to date but, based on the message you stated, your vehicle's PCM software is not. You can visit your local dodge dealer for an update but they usually dont perform them unless it is to resolve a specific problem/condition. The dealer "flashes" aka updates also update the operating system of the truck to a more stable version which is what the predator is asking to do.

Because people dont want to go to the dealer for a random "update" DiabloSport engineered the Predator to be able to do it for you but you need to download the appropriate software for YOUR particular truck as not every truck has the same software, hence the need to interface with a PC and the download process from the internet with the PC interface kit.

Not every truck needs this. It is a case by case basis and is dependent on the PCM of your truck and amount of service performed by the dealer. So for some, it needed on the first use, and for others the Predator is plug and play without the need for any interface cables.
BigWeb12

2010 Challenger R/T - can't do the update

Post by BigWeb12 »

After sitting on hold for 45 mins :evil: I finally hung up. But i have followed these instructions and still can't get my predator updated. I have downloaded the DSD downloader and the driver from the web site. I just don't know what to do to get my predator updated so i can load the tune into my car. I would really like to talk with someone as that will be much easier than doing this over this forum. My number is 316-992-1919.

Thanks
sprueitt

2007 Charger R/T

Post by sprueitt »

Just bought my U7135, Says that it needs an update, but after checking the web page I have the latest update, but when I plug it into the car it tells me the same thing. Been on hold for 45 min..... My hourly rate is $80 an hour, do I get to charge you guys for my time...lol... Anyways nothing seems to work...Please advise.