LS1/LS2/LS3/LS4/LS7 etc. - LOGGING, ADJUSTING INJECTOR SLOPE

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
jsk06c6
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:03 pm

Post by jsk06c6 »

06MonteSS wrote:get as much as you can... it's better for getting the ltft's figured out and dialed in... he was just saying you COULD use it if it was only 30 seconds... but you want to log as long as you can... more data points gives us better info on what adjustments to make...
To be honest, it aint easy. My LTFT's are all over the place. They do seem to be more where I expect them to be on long upgrades. Of course I really think the problem is how short the log ability is with the 7194. Today I was playing around driving to get the numbers in, and I must have run 10 logs holding the unit looking at the numbers. I've yet to get the same numbers in any log, the time is just too short for it to settle in. For example, in a minute and a half after drving at 61mph for 5 minutes the LTFT's went from .8/ 5.4 to -1.5/0 to 4.6/.8 to the 0/.8 I really was expecting. All of this in 45 seconds actually, in cruise, in pretty level driving. Tuff to figure out which number is right.
2006 Victory Red LS2 1LT M6, Halltech Stinger, 4" round B&B Bullets, B&B x-pipe, CCA Catch Can, Aluminum Throttle body spacer, Z51 sway bars
    Image
    User avatar
    06MonteSS
    Posts: 18097
    Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
    Contact:

    Post by 06MonteSS »

    yeah, that's why people with laptops have it easier... you can run the laptop in your car and log as long as you want with the Dataviewer directly...
    06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
    Image
    2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
    www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
    jsk06c6
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:03 pm

    Post by jsk06c6 »

    06MonteSS wrote:yeah, that's why people with laptops have it easier... you can run the laptop in your car and log as long as you want with the Dataviewer directly...
    I found a car adapter for my dead battery laptop on ebay, so I'll give it a try next weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.
    User avatar
    06MonteSS
    Posts: 18097
    Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
    Contact:

    Post by 06MonteSS »

    np... yeah, you hook the predator up to the OBD port... then connect it to your laptop via the serial cable... then on the laptop, start up the Dataviewer app... then in the Dataviewer (not the predator), you select the parameters you want to log... click the Record button in the top menu and away you go! then just click the Stop button when you've had enough...

    tip: don't make it too long though... cuz MS Excel will still only load up to 65,5xx lines of data anyway... and by using the laptop, you actually get better logs - more data - cuz the sampling rate is much quicker, so it won't take long to get to that 65,5xx lines of data... probably about 10 minutes of log time will fill that up... if that much...
    06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
    Image
    2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
    www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
    jsk06c6
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:03 pm

    Post by jsk06c6 »

    06MonteSS wrote:np... yeah, you hook the predator up to the OBD port... then connect it to your laptop via the serial cable... then on the laptop, start up the Dataviewer app... then in the Dataviewer (not the predator), you select the parameters you want to log... click the Record button in the top menu and away you go! then just click the Stop button when you've had enough...

    tip: don't make it too long though... cuz MS Excel will still only load up to 65,5xx lines of data anyway... and by using the laptop, you actually get better logs - more data - cuz the sampling rate is much quicker, so it won't take long to get to that 65,5xx lines of data... probably about 10 minutes of log time will fill that up... if that much...
    Thanks, I drove quite a bit today in cruise, just monitoring the data, I think it gave me what I need, got to take out another -1 on the slope and do it again next week. I should have the laptop running by then.
    2006 Victory Red LS2 1LT M6, Halltech Stinger, 4" round B&B Bullets, B&B x-pipe, CCA Catch Can, Aluminum Throttle body spacer, Z51 sway bars
      Image
      07SD
      Posts: 23
      Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:19 pm

      Post by 07SD »

      I have a 07 Seirra Denali and using my u7194 for my first log, I got a LTFT of 2.344. I did not have to average because all my readings were 2.344 for the entire log.

      I was on a level road with the crusie control set; then I started the log. I was surprised that the LTFT remained constant. AFR remained at 14.75 and RPM varied 53 RPM's. Colud I have done something wrong?
      2007 Sierra Denali
      jsk06c6
      Posts: 229
      Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:03 pm

      Post by jsk06c6 »

      07SD wrote:I have a 07 Seirra Denali and using my u7194 for my first log, I got a LTFT of 2.344. I did not have to average because all my readings were 2.344 for the entire log.

      I was on a level road with the crusie control set; then I started the log. I was surprised that the LTFT remained constant. AFR remained at 14.75 and RPM varied 53 RPM's. Colud I have done something wrong?
      Probably not, but I'd run another log to verify.
      2006 Victory Red LS2 1LT M6, Halltech Stinger, 4" round B&B Bullets, B&B x-pipe, CCA Catch Can, Aluminum Throttle body spacer, Z51 sway bars
        Image
        07SD
        Posts: 23
        Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:19 pm

        Post by 07SD »

        jsk06c6 wrote:
        07SD wrote:I have a 07 Seirra Denali and using my u7194 for my first log, I got a LTFT of 2.344. I did not have to average because all my readings were 2.344 for the entire log.

        I was on a level road with the crusie control set; then I started the log. I was surprised that the LTFT remained constant. AFR remained at 14.75 and RPM varied 53 RPM's. Colud I have done something wrong?
        Probably not, but I'd run another log to verify.
        I set my LTFT and ran another log, this time using my laptop. The LTFT for bank 1 is avg ~.8 but since I was using a laptop I get a bank 2 reading of
        minus ~.8. Is this normal?

        By-the-way a laptop is the way to go with logiging!
        User avatar
        06MonteSS
        Posts: 18097
        Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
        Contact:

        Post by 06MonteSS »

        yeah, the won't both be exactly the same... you're fine...
        06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
        Image
        2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
        www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
        DOA
        Posts: 26
        Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:56 am

        Post by DOA »

        I have a u7194 and an 07 Chevy Avalanche, how do I turn off DOD so I can start logging?

        Thanks

        Lance
        User avatar
        06MonteSS
        Posts: 18097
        Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
        Contact:

        Post by 06MonteSS »

        I don't think you can disable the DOD on your truck yet... they should have an update in the future that will allow you to. so just go ahead and do a log.
        06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
        Image
        2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
        www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
        DOA
        Posts: 26
        Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:56 am

        Post by DOA »

        Bummer. It looks like my Long Term Slopes are all over when the V4 kicks in.

        Thanks

        Lance
        User avatar
        06MonteSS
        Posts: 18097
        Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
        Contact:

        Post by 06MonteSS »

        yeah, they will be... try to find a long stretch up a hill... you should be able to keep 25% throttle position all the way up the hill and the DOD won't kick on, since there will be a load on the engine...
        06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
        Image
        2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
        www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
        TheGoat
        Posts: 2
        Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:06 pm

        Post by TheGoat »

        Ok I am new to this so adding PE means adding fuel at wide open throttle right? What gear should I log my Lfts for my six speed LS2 GTO?
        User avatar
        06MonteSS
        Posts: 18097
        Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
        Contact:

        Post by 06MonteSS »

        yes, going positive in PE adds fuel at WOT, making you richer and lowering your AFR.

        the injector slope for normal driving/cruising ltft's works the opposite - positive slope makes you leaner, and negative slope makes you richer...

        do your normal driving/cruising log in 4th or 5th gear.

        for WOT runs, start in the lowest gear you can and go through the gears. if you just have it in 5th for instance, and just floor it, you're gonna get a bunch of KR... so this is why we need to start low and do the WOT run by going through all the gears, or at least as many as you can :)
        06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
        Image
        2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
        www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
        Post Reply

        Return to “Predator GM Gas”