Trinity still not working for my Challenger...
Moderator: mikel
Trinity still not working for my Challenger...
My first Trinity was bad so it was replaced (screen never lit up when plugged into PC). Just got the new one and now it won't back-up my original tune.
I have a custome tune for my blower. I reloaded my stock tune with the Predator and un-married that tool from my car (confirmed twice).
I then went to marry my Trinity to the car, it already had my customer CMR tune and the latest software revisions loaded, and it's telling me it can not back up my original tune and gives me this message:
PCM: failed (0x00040600-0x00040e68)
expected: (0xa038)
calculated: (ox50a1)
All I wanted to do is log AFR for A.J. (hemituner) as I'm testing stuff for Arrington and he's always helping me improve my ride. HOW HARD IS THIS GOING TO BE GUYS???? I'm really beginning to regret this...
HemiSam
I have a custome tune for my blower. I reloaded my stock tune with the Predator and un-married that tool from my car (confirmed twice).
I then went to marry my Trinity to the car, it already had my customer CMR tune and the latest software revisions loaded, and it's telling me it can not back up my original tune and gives me this message:
PCM: failed (0x00040600-0x00040e68)
expected: (0xa038)
calculated: (ox50a1)
All I wanted to do is log AFR for A.J. (hemituner) as I'm testing stuff for Arrington and he's always helping me improve my ride. HOW HARD IS THIS GOING TO BE GUYS???? I'm really beginning to regret this...
HemiSam
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Trinity still not working for my Challenger...
Let it save the backup before you load the custom tune, cant do that first 
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: Trinity still not working for my Challenger...
Was this ever resolved? I am now in the same boat.hemisam wrote:I then went to marry my Trinity to the car, it already had my customer CMR tune and the latest software revisions loaded, and it's telling me it can not back up my original tune and gives me this message:
PCM: failed (0x00040600-0x00040e68)
expected: (0xa038)
calculated: (ox50a1)
- I had 1r04 with a custom tune for my Magnacharger
- Set the car back to stock to update to 1r08
- After the update, I uploaded my magnacharger tune back to the Trinity. When it asked for my stock backup, I gave it the stock backup file I had on my PC
- When I try to upload the Magnacharger tune to the car, I get the PCM failed above when trying to do the backup. The exact error.
My Cal ID is 05187899AE
RE: Re: Trinity still not working for my Challenger...
So I erased the custom tune from the Trinity in the hopes of grabbing a new 'stock backup' ... But I got the "This vehicle needs an update Download here: www.diablosport.com/dcx" message.
My question is: If up update my stock calibration, will my "old" CMR tune still work, or will I need to get a new one based on my new stock backup?
Getting a new tune would really suck since I'd have to contact Magnusson and get a new tune from them. I'd rather return to 1r04.
My question is: If up update my stock calibration, will my "old" CMR tune still work, or will I need to get a new one based on my new stock backup?
Getting a new tune would really suck since I'd have to contact Magnusson and get a new tune from them. I'd rather return to 1r04.
-
Dmoney1009
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:27 pm
RE: Re: Trinity still not working for my Challenger...
be careful once it says that, Mines did the same thing and it fried my pcm .... diablo sport dont really care either... save the headache and find another tuner its something wrong with that new update.
Re: RE: Re: Trinity still not working for my Challenger...
There is no "another tuner". Everybody uses DiabloSports CMR software. You use something else, you're stuck with a canned piece of shit tune. May as well buy a paperweight Jet Stage 2 if you want a POS "tune".Dmoney1009 wrote:be careful once it says that, Mines did the same thing and it fried my pcm .... diablo sport dont really care either... save the headache and find another tuner its something wrong with that new update.
This is part of why I went back to a Predator. Less fancy shit to go wrong. Its a known reliable product, which for me is necessary, because my truck won't run on a canned tune. Plus I never used any "features" besides the tuner, so I didn't need it.
-
Dmoney1009
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:27 pm
RE: Re: RE: Re: Trinity still not working for my Challenger.
There are many flashers, tuners and software out there that do the same thing. Diablo is not the only one that offer parameter adjustments. Educate yourself first. And no I'm not talking about jets, bullydog, edge etc. I was just informing him if he keeps messin with it while it's saying that it he could fry his PCM. If you read the forum you will see people are having issues with that update.
RE: Re: RE: Re: Trinity still not working for my Challenger.
In the Hemi world its Diablo CMR. Thats what everybody uses. The other suites either don't support it, or have limited capability. What are you gonna do, go to Hennessey or MHP for one of their overpriced, underperforming tunes?
Already tried MHP, its nowhere near the level a decent tuner can do with CMR, and Hennessey ain't doing something right, cause I'm roasting his vehicles with way less power.
Already tried MHP, its nowhere near the level a decent tuner can do with CMR, and Hennessey ain't doing something right, cause I'm roasting his vehicles with way less power.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: RE: Re: Trinity still not working for my Challenger...
Why makes you think we dont care?Dmoney1009 wrote:be careful once it says that, Mines did the same thing and it fried my pcm .... diablo sport dont really care either... save the headache and find another tuner its something wrong with that new update.
Id love to help you out, not sure why you have such animosity.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Trinity still not working for my Challen
No, there are notDmoney1009 wrote:There are many flashers, tuners and software out there that do the same thing.
But yes, we are.Dmoney1009 wrote: Diablo is not the only one that offer parameter adjustments.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: RE: Re: Trinity still not working for my Challenger...
Help me out instead ... I'm not animalous.mikel wrote:Id love to help you out, not sure why you have such animosity.
My question is: If up update my calibration, will my "old" CMR tune (based on my old cal) still work?
If not, how can I return my Trinity back to 1r04? I can't see a download option for that on your site.
Right now I cannot use my car.
THANKS!
-
Dmoney1009
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:27 pm
RE: Re: RE: Re: Trinity still not working for my Challenger.
I dont have animosity towards you at all, The help I got was the guy saying this is all we can do is a force restore if that doesnt work there was nothing he could do for me. So he didn't care he never told me about a tag or whatever it is you speaking of in another post.
RE: Re: RE: Re: Trinity still not working for my Challenger.
was this ever resolved? in the same boat can not use my trinity
RE: Re: RE: Re: Trinity still not working for my Challenger.
jrupert: If you can't get your hands on your old revision, do the calibration update, grab a new Stock Backup and send it to your tuner to have your tune updated with the new cal.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Trinity still not working for my Challen
like this....toofart wrote:jrupert: If you can't get your hands on your old revision, do the calibration update, grab a new Stock Backup and send it to your tuner to have your tune updated with the new cal.
- Attachments
-
- newcal_maggie_tune.drg
- (74.45 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]