2003 Mustang GT Tune Questions

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
Dubie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:29 pm

2003 Mustang GT Tune Questions

Post by Dubie »

Sup all,

Preditor 7146 "rev9r09"
2003 Ford Mustang GT 4.6 "Auto"

Couple questions:

1.) Cold Air Intake - What do I need to change for this to get the most out of it?

2.) I have 410 gears. - What do I need to change for this to get the most out of it?

3.) BBK Underdrive pully system - What do I need to change for this to get the most out of it?

If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
I mean I am going to use the 93oc tune from DiabloSport but what other changes would be good to tweak for these few things I have done.


Thanks for your time,
Dubie
GP-SE
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:51 pm

RE: 2003 Mustang GT Tune Questions

Post by GP-SE »

just install the tune, click modify tune and change the gear ratio, besides that you're good to go.
Dubie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Dubie »

Ya I know, I am just asking for any suggestion on what else should be tweaked a lil more to get the best out of everything.

Seen a forum post on different site for SCT asking about basic tweaks.
1 Reply was to "tweak the Spark Advancement to max on both settings.
This will increase the timing a lil bit and give a lil more HP".

But I was not sure about that and thought well I will just post on here since I have a Predator and ask ppl from here what they think or run with.

Also I noticed when I am @WOT taken off or from a go its staying at a high RPM between shifting.
Enough its making me think something has to be wrong. :?

Thanks for the reply tho.
Peace.
GP-SE
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by GP-SE »

there really isn't much tweaks for those mods, you would need a wideband 02 sensor to do any real tweaking, that way you can adjust your air fuel ratio for your intake. I wouldn't play with timing, because if you bump the timing up you can get detonation which will make your car slower, and cause engine damage if it's bad enough.
As for the RPM thing, lets say you're cruising at 60mph floor it, then let off the throttle, the RPM stays up for a second or two then drops? if so that it normal on these cars. Ford keeps the IAC open a bit after WOT so when you let off it allows some air into the combustion chamber to help with emissions. I assume this is to get rid of any unburnt gas from running so rich at WOT and protect the cats from raw fuel.
Dubie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Dubie »

ok then I probably wont mess with the Spark stuff.

Naw I mean I am at stop and take off WOT and when it goes in to changing gears it stays in the shifting zone more then I think it should.
its at high RPM already but goes up for few sec and then next gear kicks in.
like if it was a stick and you held the clutch too long while shifting.
GP-SE
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by GP-SE »

does the car hit the rev limiter? if it does it could be the trans is slipping, if not it might be normal, I'm not 100% sure.
Post Reply

Return to “Predator Ford Gas”