Overdrive jumping in and out also very sluggish takeoff

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
jay.lohr
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:34 pm

Overdrive jumping in and out also very sluggish takeoff

Post by jay.lohr »

I have a 2006 Dodge Durango Limited running the 93 Octane Performance Tune. I cannot get to the transmission settings and the overdrive is jumping in and out constantly. I had transmission checked and all checked out perfect. Also it is very sluggish out of the gate but from bout 45 mph or higher all kinds of power. Can anyone help? Oh and my fuel economy went from 18 to 11.5 from 9r10 when I went to 9r11... I would like it to shift harder but the overdrive thing Im not sure what is going on there.
Attachments
Lohr2-PCM_05094075AK_Perf_93oct_modified.drg
Latest tune
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
behindbars1544
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:06 am

RE: Overdrive jumping in and out also very sluggish takeoff

Post by behindbars1544 »

I got a 2006 charger R/T 5.7 thats doing the same thing. Damm thing is driving me crazy. Almost feels like the T/C keeps locking and unlocking...
jay.lohr
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:34 pm

RE: Overdrive jumping in and out also very sluggish takeoff

Post by jay.lohr »

Apparently our problem isnt very important... I am going to call Summit and return my programmer and purchase the bully dog tuner.
jtpredator
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:01 pm

RE: Overdrive jumping in and out also very sluggish takeoff

Post by jtpredator »

its a weekend, give the guys a break
jay.lohr
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:34 pm

RE: Overdrive jumping in and out also very sluggish takeoff

Post by jay.lohr »

It was posted March 16th... Figure a half of a month is sufficient amount of time to respond....
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: Overdrive jumping in and out also very sluggish takeoff

Post by mikel »

I see March 30....either way, sorry.
I reply to about 100 posts a day, I occasionally may miss one ;)

Sounds like it may be MDS kicking in and out, try turning it off to see, and if so, I'll make you a new tune with the MDS smoothed.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
jay.lohr
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:34 pm

RE: Overdrive jumping in and out also very sluggish takeoff

Post by jay.lohr »

I have MDS off. Ive tried it both ways. I just changed my plugs to Bosch Iradium and it got worse. not sure what else to try.
WKgrand08
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:00 pm

RE: Overdrive jumping in and out also very sluggish takeoff

Post by WKgrand08 »

Just thought I'd chime in here. On my 5.7L 2008 Grand Cherokee I noticed since 9r10 that the MDS is very noticeable when engaging and disengaging. Maybe make a note for the next release to smooth it out for everyone if that's possible. I have seen a couple different posts with people commenting on this issue with MDS.
jay.lohr
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:34 pm

RE: Overdrive jumping in and out also very sluggish takeoff

Post by jay.lohr »

Damn bosch plugs cost me 7.99 each x 16 plugs ouch... Ill go NGK soon... Mike, my tune is posted above can you fix it up for me? I guess MDS smoothing and low speed/take off improvement please... Thank you guys for the pointers.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: RE: Overdrive jumping in and out also very sluggish take

Post by mikel »

jay.lohr wrote:Damn bosch plugs cost me 7.99 each x 16 plugs ouch... Ill go NGK soon... Mike, my tune is posted above can you fix it up for me? I guess MDS smoothing and low speed/take off improvement please... Thank you guys for the pointers.
copper plugs FTW!

Here you go...
Attachments
lohr2_pcm_05094075ak_perf_93oct_smoooth.drg
(46.02 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
jay.lohr
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:34 pm

RE: Re: RE: Overdrive jumping in and out also very sluggish

Post by jay.lohr »

Mike, What all did you change on that custom tune? And is there a link on how to get the new tune on the predator? Thanks
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Overdrive jumping in and out also very slugg

Post by mikel »

jay.lohr wrote:Mike, What all did you change on that custom tune? And is there a link on how to get the new tune on the predator? Thanks
smoothed the MDS.
Attachments
Hemi custom tune instructions.doc
(35.5 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
jay.lohr
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:34 pm

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Overdrive jumping in and out also very s

Post by jay.lohr »

ok im installing now... any suggestions on take off being sluggish?
thanks mike
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Overdrive jumping in and out also very s

Post by mikel »

better gas?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
jay.lohr
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:34 pm

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Overdrive jumping in and out also very s

Post by jay.lohr »

I run 93 octane and Lucas Octane booster every tank of gas. I have the throttle setting at +15%
Post Reply

Return to “Predator Dodge Gas”