There is something wrong with my U7191 Predator
There is something wrong with my U7191 Predator
It was a nice 70 degree day today so I thought I'd run a cruise log.
When I ran the log, it was working fine. I shut it down and all seemed fine. When I plugged in the power adapter at home to get the log file out the screen is blank. It looks like it isn't working at all and never appears to boot up. However, just to try, I found I was able to upload the most recent log file and that file looks fine. Any ideas on what may be wrong with the tool? Any way to reset it or anything?
When I ran the log, it was working fine. I shut it down and all seemed fine. When I plugged in the power adapter at home to get the log file out the screen is blank. It looks like it isn't working at all and never appears to boot up. However, just to try, I found I was able to upload the most recent log file and that file looks fine. Any ideas on what may be wrong with the tool? Any way to reset it or anything?
RE: There is something wrong with my U7191 Predator
replied to your email you sent me about this...
does it show anything on the screen when you power it up via the vehicles obd port?
on the back of the predator, there's a recessed screw that is for the screen's contrast... try turning that and see if that does anything for ya...
does it show anything on the screen when you power it up via the vehicles obd port?
on the back of the predator, there's a recessed screw that is for the screen's contrast... try turning that and see if that does anything for ya...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
RE: There is something wrong with my U7191 Predator
It powers up when plugged into the car, same problem though with no display data. The contrast screw does nothing but make it dark and light but still no data.
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: There is something wrong with my U7191 Predator
rma...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: RE: There is something wrong with my U7191 Predator
I registered the Predator on line when I got it but since I got it as a gift (no receipt) I suppose I'll be stuck with the $99 fee? I've not even had it a year and have used it quite a lot.mikel wrote:rma...
I'll request an RMA when I get home.
RE: Re: RE: There is something wrong with my U7191 Predator
RMA requested, RMA received, Predator shipped.
RE: Re: RE: There is something wrong with my U7191 Predator
you've only had it a year.. so no, you shouldn't be charged... it should be covered under warranty...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Re: RE: Re: RE: There is something wrong with my U7191 Preda
I sure hope so but the RMA page mentions that a receipt must be provided. As I stated, my Predator was a gift and as such I don't have a receipt. I DID register it on the DS site the week I received it so I don't know what more I could have done.06MonteSS wrote:you've only had it a year.. so no, you shouldn't be charged... it should be covered under warranty...
Anyway, it's at DS now, hoping it won't be much longer until I get it back.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: There is something wrong with my U7191 P
Yay - I just received notice that my Predator is fixed and should be on its way back to me soon. I sure hope it will remain married to my car after all this or it will be useless to me when it arrives back here.
Boo - I was charged for the repair.
Boo - I was charged for the repair.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: There is something wrong with my U7191 P
As stated in my other "help me make contact" thread, my Predator is on it's way back to me. I sure hope it arrives back in the state it was when I last used it, married to my car with last tune written matching the LewTune I last loaded. If not I could encounter trouble using it to load new tunes or to restore the stock tune if I should ever need to.
I still need to run a cruise log on a nice warm day to hopefully finalize my LewTune tweaks. Of course weather forecasts are saying it's going to be cold and raining for the next week at least. *sigh*
C'mon UPS, get here quickly and don't damage it in the process!
I still need to run a cruise log on a nice warm day to hopefully finalize my LewTune tweaks. Of course weather forecasts are saying it's going to be cold and raining for the next week at least. *sigh*
C'mon UPS, get here quickly and don't damage it in the process!
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: There is something wrong with my U7191 P
I finally got my Predator back today. It appears to be still married to my car so at this point all is good, except my wallet is $115 lighter... 