Bucks New Extreme Tune?

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Jpritchard

Bucks New Extreme Tune?

Post by Jpritchard »

2006 Regular Cab F-250 Cal Id vxcf5h5
Is the new extreme tune that buck put out going to work for the vxcf5h5 or am I going to have to wait for some more tunes? I have been reading some other threads that people are saying that the truck runs the way it they should, with a ridiculous amount of power, and thats what I'm looking for! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mikel

RE: Bucks New Extreme Tune?

Post by mikel »

The new update, found here:
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?na ... ad&id=5072
has all new tunes for every calibration. Restore the backup, update the tool, then reload the new tunes and hang on...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Jpritchard

Post by Jpritchard »

Mike thanks for the help! The new tune is definitely way more powerful than the others, you guys are definitely on the right track. I just took my truck on a short drive and the low end feels good as does the top end, but it feels like there is still a lot of room for more power. My factory boost gauge barely got over 20lbs, probably 22lbs at the most. If there are any other tunes with more hp or different settings as far as shift points and stuff like that I would definitely love to give them a try and maybe we can find the perfect tune. Thanks
Buck02

Post by Buck02 »

Thanks for the update.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Which tune were you running?
The new extreme tune is about as powerful as you want to go on a stock 6.0...got studs??
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
kevinwright21

Post by kevinwright21 »

hey i do however had head studs gaskets, egr delete, 5" turbo back and a cold air. and am horney as all hell to try out your extreme custom tune buck. please shoot me an e-mail with it for my truck. attached is my file. kevinwright21@yahoo.com
Attachments
VXCF9N4.frg
(224.72 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
Jpritchard

Post by Jpritchard »

I was running the extreme tune, and no I don't have studs, but my warranty covers head gaskets and when they do go it will get studded. So I am anxious to run this extreme tune of bucks that everyone is talking about as well.
beefcake

Post by beefcake »

buck, i see head studs came up, i have a few questions. Do i need to worry about this tune blowing gaskets? I know the risks of all tunes, and the crappy head studs in these trucks, but some tunes are safer than others. Did you engineer this tune to be ran on a stock studded motor? I find shocking that there may be more power to be had out of a tune once the motor has been studded!

ps, I ran 120 miles last night on the highway and got 15 mpg on your extreme tune doing 65-70mph

Thanks again
gb
Buck02

Post by Buck02 »

Ok to answer a few of your guys questions.
1) the newest Test Crom that is posted below has my extreme tune in it on the extreme level. I got more feedback that everyone liked it better than the original conservative extreme tune.
2) The tune was built as an extreme tune. Studs or no studs It all depends how you drive and under the conditions you drive in. If you are cruising on the extreme tune and roll into the pedal lightly i dont see any issues but if you Beat the mess out of the truck and Drive like hell then you may have issues with lifting the head.
I hope this helps understanding the tunes. I have built alot more agressive tunes that do build higher cyclinder pressure. But the Extreme tune I built for the Diablo Predator and Trinity I feel are Perfect for what majority would like and run safely with in reason and common sense.
Attachments
u7165_pcm_6_0-9t14b.crom
(941.04 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
rtprestw

Post by rtprestw »

Now thats more like it!!! Much better throttle response than (14a), low to mid and great passing response, seems to be nice and smooth across the throttle range, no hickups or dead spots or surge. I have not traveled enough to get a good mileage report but will reply when I have some news. I have not noticed any codes either. Thanks guys, Great job!
ProEMTPFF

Post by ProEMTPFF »

My diesel mechanic took my truck for a test run with me in it yesterday, it has Bucks extreme tune loaded and he had a lot of concern with it and the fact I don't have the heads studded. I drive very "sane" and conservative however he has concerns with the boost levels he was seeing. I'm getting the heads studded and EGR delete soon but I felt I need to post his concerns.

Buck, I love the tune but I'd hate to see heads popping off. I'll be in contact soon once I get the heads studded for a crazy custom tune. Thanks for improving Diablosport!
2006 F250 4x4 King Ranch CC
4" turbo back exhaust
K+N CAI
Head Studs
EGR delete

Buck02

Post by Buck02 »

We call it Extreme for a reason. if you drive with a light foot and roll into the throttle easily you shouldnt have problems. If you drive the truck hard and at WOT from a stop all the life of the truck I can probably garrentee you may have issues down the road.