LS1/LS2/LS3/LS4/LS7 etc. - LOGGING, ADJUSTING INJECTOR SLOPE
-
Robertjr45
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:34 pm
06 Monte SS, Do you know what the actual HP & Torque increase you can expect if you optimize all of your settings?
Note pic of me and my @ at Raceway park Baytown TX last Fri.
My best time running the basic program with K&N intake rest stock was a 12.98 @ 109.7 MPH
Note pic of me and my @ at Raceway park Baytown TX last Fri.
My best time running the basic program with K&N intake rest stock was a 12.98 @ 109.7 MPH
- Attachments
-
- _DSC761103.jpg (285.5 KiB) Viewed 6621 times
It's the cheap tires you put on..... If your going to go no EMT, at least buy decent tires, and practice your launch a little better...Robertjr45 wrote:06 Monte SS, Do you know what the actual HP & Torque increase you can expect if you optimize all of your settings?
Note pic of me and my @ at Raceway park Baytown TX last Fri.
My best time running the basic program with K&N intake rest stock was a 12.98 @ 109.7 MPH
You probably lost .5 second to those tires, and I'm guessing the launch was real bad because of those crappy hard compound tires and/or poor burnout prep.
At this point, don't worry about tuning and get decent set of tires on the car. Even stock EMT's are better than those.
Of course, I'm basing this soley on your pick. The tread pattern doesn't look like EMT's or any other good tire I'm aware of. Perhaps its just a bad pick, and its all in a poor performing car/driver. Good luck. The color is right though....
2006 Victory Red LS2 1LT M6, Halltech Stinger, 4" round B&B Bullets, B&B x-pipe, CCA Catch Can, Aluminum Throttle body spacer, Z51 sway bars

-
Robertjr45
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:34 pm
That's insane
jsk06c6 wrote:It's the cheap tires you put on..... If your going to go no EMT, at least buy decent tires, and practice your launch a little better...Robertjr45 wrote:06 Monte SS, Do you know what the actual HP & Torque increase you can expect if you optimize all of your settings?
Note pic of me and my @ at Raceway park Baytown TX last Fri.
My best time running the basic program with K&N intake rest stock was a 12.98 @ 109.7 MPHI was in the 11's on EMT's and no tune.
You probably lost .5 second to those tires, and I'm guessing the launch was real bad because of those crappy hard compound tires and/or poor burnout prep.
At this point, don't worry about tuning and get decent set of tires on the car. Even stock EMT's are better than those.
Of course, I'm basing this soley on your pick. The tread pattern doesn't look like EMT's or any other good tire I'm aware of. Perhaps its just a bad pick, and its all in a poor performing car/driver. Good luck. The color is right though....
If you are running in the 11's with only a Diabablo tune and a different set of tires we need to talk. The tires are not drag tires at all and this was my first trip to the track. The tires are BFG TKW which are for a different kind of racing. The best times I have seen for nearly stock C6 Vettes are mid to lower 12's.
Are you running a c6 Vette or what?
Here is a list for reference from the Corvette Forum challenge.
Showroom Stock
12.21 @ 115.45 - LS1LT1- 06 A6
12.23 @ 115.58 - 06C6FVR - 06 Z51 M6
12.31 @ 114.82 - CYA Vett - 05 F55 M6
12.42 @ 113.90 - DrRichie - 05 Z51 M6
12.49 @ 114.90 - Jschindler - 05 Z51 M6
12.53 @ 113.00 - Wicked07C6 - 07 Z51 M6
12.54 @ 113.59 - Tony 63 Vette - 06 A6
12.54 @ 113.74 - Tony96LT4 - 06 Z51 A6
12.54 @ 113.24 - NineBall - 05 Z51 M6 - tstat
12.56 @ 114.85 - 1.8T - 08 Z51 m6
12.56 @ 113.39 - Red Sleeper -06 A6
12.56 @ 112.00 - Orange C6 - 05 Z51 A4
12.63 @ 114.88 - Prankster - 06 M6
12.65 @ 111.65 - Zippin Zee - 05 Z51 M6
12.66 @ 113.03 - Mdrrandall - 07 Z51 M6
12.69 @ 112.32 - Silverlx -06 A6
12.70 @ 112.43 - Jelsis - 06 Z51 A6
12.70 @ 113.00 - Blackmajik -07 A6
12.71 @ 111.30 - Flyin05 - 05 Z51 M6
12.71 @ 111.00 - Demented - 05 Z51 A4
12.72 @ 111.98 - SR0707 - 06 A6
12.72 @ 110.85 - AngeloC6 - 05 F55 A4 3.15 (open shroud)
12.74 @ 108.67 - Shooter 49 - 05 A4 3.15
12.75 @ 109.25 - Ponchorello -05 A4 3.15
12.76 @ 112.57 - C5Pilot - 07 Z51 A6
12.78 @ 115.14 - Prankster - 06 M6
12.79 @ 112.17 - Jchazr - 05 Z51 M6
12.80 @ 111.00 - SheDevilC6 - 07 Z51 A6
12.81 @ 112.83 - Vette-oholic - 05 Z51 M6
12.83 @ 109.44 - Tommy D - 05 A4 3.15
12.84 @ 112.98 - Proney - 06 M6
12.85 @ 114.53 - Mr Z51 - 06 Z51 M6
12.90 @ 114.83 - Normlunt - 05 Z51 M6 - tstat
12.93 @ 111.40 - DiggyMoe -07 M6
12.97 @ 108.00 - Ginny C6 - 05 F55 A4
12.98 @ 108.00 - Tampa Vet - 05 A4 3.15
12.99 @ 111.70 - C64ME - 05 Z51 M6
13.04 @ 109.15 - TMyers - 06 A6
13.05 @ 113.31 - RDunn - 06 M6
13.10 @ 108.70 - Rothchilds - 05 F55 A4 3.15
13.12 @ 110.40 - JDWK - 05 Z51 M6
13.25 @ 110.60 - C6 Matt - 05 Z51 M6
13.26 @ 108.59 - Sfadchi - 06 Z51 A6
13.26 @ 105.30 - Joeking - 05 Z51 A4
13.30 @ 107.00 - Shurite44 -06 Z51 A6
13.35 @ 108.10 - Phatpharmd - 06 A6
13.62 @ 106.18 - Rich28 - 05 Z51 A4
RE: That
Corvette forum, HA!, only one racer over there, ranger, and a bunch of old ladies.
11.98 @ 116.8mph @ 72F 35%H
halltech intake (opened shield)
aluminum spacer
B&B bullets and x-pipe
stock EMT's
NO TUNE
It's all in the launch, check out rangers site at http://www.rangeracceleration.com/
Haven't been to the track since I started playing with the predator.
BTW, a stock C6 1LT M6 is rated at 12.235 @ 115.58 mph
Start adding Z51, and all that extra stuff, it doesn't take long to put ya in the mid to upper 12's. even with a good driver. Of course they always whine about Atco raceway, saying its fast. Maybe just better drivers....
11.98 @ 116.8mph @ 72F 35%H
halltech intake (opened shield)
aluminum spacer
B&B bullets and x-pipe
stock EMT's
NO TUNE
It's all in the launch, check out rangers site at http://www.rangeracceleration.com/
Haven't been to the track since I started playing with the predator.
BTW, a stock C6 1LT M6 is rated at 12.235 @ 115.58 mph
Start adding Z51, and all that extra stuff, it doesn't take long to put ya in the mid to upper 12's. even with a good driver. Of course they always whine about Atco raceway, saying its fast. Maybe just better drivers....
-
Robertjr45
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:34 pm
RE: That
Your probably right and Like I said it was my first time, after reading some of Rangers advice I made many mistakes. I had a full tank of gas, normal air psi in tires, left traction control on, did a lousy burnout,etc. I enjoyed going to the track and plan to go at least one Fri a month, so hopefully with practice my times will improve. I am also thinking about picking up some drag radials for playing around in instead of wearing out my street tires.
The aluminum spacer you reference do you think that helps any?
The aluminum spacer you reference do you think that helps any?
Re: RE: That
Some say yes, others say no. I got it for cheap, and I'm old school, use to use one for years on my carb'd cars. It's suppose to increase your plenum volume, who knows....Robertjr45 wrote: The aluminum spacer you reference do you think that helps any?
FYI : I went out and did some logging last night to my laptop. I got back home, exported the file, and started chopping the 150k+ line .CSV file into smaller pieces, so I could open it in Excel for filtering.06MonteSS wrote:tip: don't make it too long though... cuz MS Excel will still only load up to 65,5xx lines of data anyway... and by using the laptop, you actually get better logs - more data - cuz the sampling rate is much quicker, so it won't take long to get to that 65,5xx lines of data... probably about 10 minutes of log time will fill that up... if that much...
Come to find out, Excel 2007 doesn't have the 65k line limit, like before. I happened upon it by mistake. But, the new version looks like it can take up to 1,048,576 lines in a CSV file.
Just thought you might like to know...
2007 GMC Sierra Denali
DiabloSport Predator U7194
DiabloSport Predator U7194
-
Orange99z28
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:34 pm
It would be if that were a Z06, which it isn't....Orange99z28 wrote:no offense but a 12.98 1/4 mile in a 500 hp 80 thousand dollar car is really sad...
my 99 camaro with not too many mods will SMOKE that thing...on street tires...(not drag radials)
2006 Victory Red LS2 1LT M6, Halltech Stinger, 4" round B&B Bullets, B&B x-pipe, CCA Catch Can, Aluminum Throttle body spacer, Z51 sway bars

-
Orange99z28
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:34 pm
Ok, been reading this sticky over and over, starting to all make sense out of it....06MonteSS wrote:np... yeah, you hook the predator up to the OBD port... then connect it to your laptop via the serial cable... then on the laptop, start up the Dataviewer app... then in the Dataviewer (not the predator), you select the parameters you want to log... click the Record button in the top menu and away you go! then just click the Stop button when you've had enough...
tip: don't make it too long though... cuz MS Excel will still only load up to 65,5xx lines of data anyway... and by using the laptop, you actually get better logs - more data - cuz the sampling rate is much quicker, so it won't take long to get to that 65,5xx lines of data... probably about 10 minutes of log time will fill that up... if that much...
BTW, I am so thankful for all this research and testing, this forum really allows people to work together for one common goal. I have an 05 silverado with the 5.3l, running the u7193.
1. Will I be able to log? Or only via laptop?
2. What O2 sensors am I going to monitor having dual cats (factory) back to a y-pipe (factory) and a single muffler (flowmaster) with single outlet?
3. I don't have a flat area to run that distance, can I reduce gears and maintain a slower speed(55mph) as long as I maintain around 2k rpm?
4. If I can't, what rpm should I be targeting?
5. I have room for WOT runs, could I log off those instead? Or, would you recommend doing 10 passes of one shorter flat section at a maintained rpm?
Thanks so much for your help already.
-Dave
I have Interstate 44 like, right down the street, speed limit jumps up to 75mph for nearly all of Oklahoma. Really, there is so much rolling terrain though, it's hard to get a steady fix on throttle position.jsk06c6 wrote:Do you have any interstate highways near you Dave? You really need to get to speed 55-70 and maintain >2000 rpm for several minutes to get a good log to make LTFT adjustements.
'05 silverado 1500 z-71. k&n, 3" flowmaster with single out(retaining factory exit position), mobile 1, and my good looks...
So I went out to do some logging, and I know that mine has no logging feature, but I do have a pen and paper...
1. I don't have an AFR feature.
2. I do have the following, and here were my readings at 62mph, 2320rpm, outside air at 50F:
short term ft 1 = 0 to 4.69
long term ft 1 = 3.91 to 4.69
short term ft 2 = 0 to 4.69
long term ft 2 = 3.91
map = 6.5 psi
rpm = 2320
spark = 37.4 degrees
knock retard = 0
air temps = 50F intake, 47F outside air
MAF = 3.8 to 4.8 lb/m
TP = 24 to 25
So, can anyone help me out? What do I need to change or look for? If I hook up my laptop and log some to send to you, would that be preferred? Did it look like I was holding steady enough?
Thanks in advance
-Dave
1. I don't have an AFR feature.
2. I do have the following, and here were my readings at 62mph, 2320rpm, outside air at 50F:
short term ft 1 = 0 to 4.69
long term ft 1 = 3.91 to 4.69
short term ft 2 = 0 to 4.69
long term ft 2 = 3.91
map = 6.5 psi
rpm = 2320
spark = 37.4 degrees
knock retard = 0
air temps = 50F intake, 47F outside air
MAF = 3.8 to 4.8 lb/m
TP = 24 to 25
So, can anyone help me out? What do I need to change or look for? If I hook up my laptop and log some to send to you, would that be preferred? Did it look like I was holding steady enough?
Thanks in advance
-Dave
'05 silverado 1500 z-71. k&n, 3" flowmaster with single out(retaining factory exit position), mobile 1, and my good looks...