09 Silverado 2500hd 4X4 update
09 Silverado 2500hd 4X4 update
Guys - I bought the U7194 for my truck for a couple more MPG's and ability to chage tire sizes. I got it, updated it, and installed the 87 tune and gave it a test drive. Geeeez..... I can't believe you guys. I bought a 3/4 ton truck to pull a 12000# trailer, and now it's barking 2nd's. I'm pretty sure it's not going to impress my wife any, but it is what it is.
The only question I have is that right before 1-2 it feels like it pops the r/l, then shifts hard. on 2-3 about 500 rpm before the shift it falls on it's face. Do you think I'm going to be able to log and tune this out? Or is this a common problem for the 6 speed?
The only question I have is that right before 1-2 it feels like it pops the r/l, then shifts hard. on 2-3 about 500 rpm before the shift it falls on it's face. Do you think I'm going to be able to log and tune this out? Or is this a common problem for the 6 speed?
- mikel
- Posts: 58770
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: 09 Silverado 2500hd 4X4 update
post up the last tune written and backup, but we dont tune the trans so it should act pretty much the same as it did...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: 09 Silverado 2500hd 4X4 update
I think I know what the issue is...
cwilly, post up copies of your "original backup" and "last tune written" tune files, and I'll fix it up for ya...
cwilly, post up copies of your "original backup" and "last tune written" tune files, and I'll fix it up for ya...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Original and last tunes.
Here are the original b/u and last tunes. Thanks guys.
- Attachments
-
- last_PCM_630501627298_87_Octane_Tune_modified.grg
- (4.25 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
-
- orig_PCM_630501627298.grg
- (60.93 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
RE: Original and last tunes.
Hey guy's - When you look at this, I found that the truck is hitting traction control when shifting at F/T in 1-2 and 2-3. Do you think you could help me with this? I like the firm shifts, but not at the expense of shift then nose dive. All help is greatly appreciated.
try this man.. lemme know...
and sorry.. this post slipped through the cracks...
and sorry.. this post slipped through the cracks...
- Attachments
-
- cwilly.grg
- (51.63 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Seems like the stock shift points are back (ugh - shifts too soon at WOT and too late under part throttle), but the shifts are tamed. I dunno. What are the chances of getting TM adjustments for m cal? I have DOD and a couple of settings (fan settings, ect) that my truck does NOT have. Makes me wonder if I have the right program, or a cookie cutter for a 1/2 ton.
well, since there is no tcm/tranny support, shift points can't be changed in the tune... so, those haven't changed....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Monte - Update on this truck. It has been at the dealership for almost a month with a scrambled transmission and converter. Truck has 35000 miles, so you can imagine what me fear is about re-installing the tune after it's back. I understand the Trinity has TCM settings, and they are "supposed" to be coming for the intune. Is there an allowance I can get for the predator toward one of these? And can I adjust shift points and torque management with the new programmer? A little nervous - and want to do it right you know....
there's currently no trade-in program towards an inTune...
but diablo does have a trade-in program for the Trinity and you get a $100 credit.. trade in your predator and get a Trinity for $499...
https://www.diablosport.com/index.php?m ... ay&pid=108
but diablo does have a trade-in program for the Trinity and you get a $100 credit.. trade in your predator and get a Trinity for $499...
https://www.diablosport.com/index.php?m ... ay&pid=108
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net