09 Silverado 2500hd 4X4 update

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
cwilly01
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

09 Silverado 2500hd 4X4 update

Post by cwilly01 »

Guys - I bought the U7194 for my truck for a couple more MPG's and ability to chage tire sizes. I got it, updated it, and installed the 87 tune and gave it a test drive. Geeeez..... I can't believe you guys. I bought a 3/4 ton truck to pull a 12000# trailer, and now it's barking 2nd's. I'm pretty sure it's not going to impress my wife any, but it is what it is.
The only question I have is that right before 1-2 it feels like it pops the r/l, then shifts hard. on 2-3 about 500 rpm before the shift it falls on it's face. Do you think I'm going to be able to log and tune this out? Or is this a common problem for the 6 speed?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58768
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: 09 Silverado 2500hd 4X4 update

Post by mikel »

post up the last tune written and backup, but we dont tune the trans so it should act pretty much the same as it did...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

RE: 09 Silverado 2500hd 4X4 update

Post by 06MonteSS »

I think I know what the issue is...

cwilly, post up copies of your "original backup" and "last tune written" tune files, and I'll fix it up for ya...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
cwilly01
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Original and last tunes.

Post by cwilly01 »

Here are the original b/u and last tunes. Thanks guys.
Attachments
last_PCM_630501627298_87_Octane_Tune_modified.grg
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
orig_PCM_630501627298.grg
(60.93 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
cwilly01
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

RE: Original and last tunes.

Post by cwilly01 »

Hey guy's - When you look at this, I found that the truck is hitting traction control when shifting at F/T in 1-2 and 2-3. Do you think you could help me with this? I like the firm shifts, but not at the expense of shift then nose dive. All help is greatly appreciated.
cwilly01
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

RE: Original and last tunes.

Post by cwilly01 »

bump
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Post by 06MonteSS »

try this man.. lemme know...

and sorry.. this post slipped through the cracks...
Attachments
cwilly.grg
(51.63 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
cwilly01
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by cwilly01 »

NP - It happens. I'll give it a shot. One other question, it show's I have DoD options, but none on truck. And I sure would like TM options in the future :)
cwilly01
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by cwilly01 »

Seems like the stock shift points are back (ugh - shifts too soon at WOT and too late under part throttle), but the shifts are tamed. I dunno. What are the chances of getting TM adjustments for m cal? I have DOD and a couple of settings (fan settings, ect) that my truck does NOT have. Makes me wonder if I have the right program, or a cookie cutter for a 1/2 ton.
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Post by 06MonteSS »

well, since there is no tcm/tranny support, shift points can't be changed in the tune... so, those haven't changed....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
cwilly01
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by cwilly01 »

Monte - Update on this truck. It has been at the dealership for almost a month with a scrambled transmission and converter. Truck has 35000 miles, so you can imagine what me fear is about re-installing the tune after it's back. I understand the Trinity has TCM settings, and they are "supposed" to be coming for the intune. Is there an allowance I can get for the predator toward one of these? And can I adjust shift points and torque management with the new programmer? A little nervous - and want to do it right you know....
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Post by 06MonteSS »

there's currently no trade-in program towards an inTune...

but diablo does have a trade-in program for the Trinity and you get a $100 credit.. trade in your predator and get a Trinity for $499...

https://www.diablosport.com/index.php?m ... ay&pid=108
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Post Reply

Return to “Predator GM Gas”