freezing when logging analog inputs

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

User avatar
jimb
Posts: 471
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by jimb »

You can try re-selecting the AFR input from your custom Trinity dashboard. But, IF you load the log file into DV (I agree EXTERNAL Inputs do not appear); And save DV's runtime.txt file found in "My Documents\DataViewer". When I loaded the log; runtime.txt was showing: "UNK IS NOT YET SUPPORTED". That should not be there from DV. Your also using 1r08. That might have been fixed in newer 1r08a or b.
User avatar
nemiro
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Holt, FL
Contact:

Post by nemiro »

OK, I will update to a newer CROM, and try again.
__________________________
Neil Emiro - ND Performance
http://www.ndperformance.com
User avatar
nemiro
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Holt, FL
Contact:

Post by nemiro »

OK, updated the tool to 1r08b, and made two different logs. The first one (ZZ.log) is with everything as before, but updated. No analog in DV. Then I followed the procedure again, deleted AFR, made it up again, and recorded log YY.log. No analog.

I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. I can see AFR on the Trinity. It displays correctly. When I record a log, all of the OBDII/SCI data is there, but no analog.
User avatar
jimb
Posts: 471
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by jimb »

Those logs were taken with 1r08. Are you sure you updated your tool to 1r08b?
User avatar
nemiro
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Holt, FL
Contact:

Post by nemiro »

Believe I did. Started the DSDownloader program, and it pulled down all sorts of updates. I will check it again.
__________________________
Neil Emiro - ND Performance
http://www.ndperformance.com
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

have to reselect the vehicle after the update ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
nemiro
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Holt, FL
Contact:

Post by nemiro »

OK, checked, and the update did not take. I swear I am not a complete amateur at this stuff! ;) Got it put on there for sure tonight. OK, will test yet again tomorrow.
__________________________
Neil Emiro - ND Performance
http://www.ndperformance.com
User avatar
nemiro
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Holt, FL
Contact:

Post by nemiro »

OK, updated to 1r08b, ran another log. Still no analog!! I can plainly see it in the logging/monitoring screens, but it will not transfer into DV. Latest log attached. Thoughts?
User avatar
nemiro
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Holt, FL
Contact:

Post by nemiro »

OK, made yet another attempt. Deleted all analog configurations (returned to stock) on DST. Built a new parameter from analog 1, called AFR1. Same scaling. Made a new log with ONLY RPM and AFR1. You guessed it, on DV, I see RPM, but no AFR1. While logging, both were plainly visible on the Trinity's screen.

So, to recap, I am now on 1r08b, reset the analog configs, built a new analog measurement, logged on OBDII parameter and the analog measurement. Result? No analog in DV 3.3.0.8.
User avatar
jimb
Posts: 471
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by jimb »

You built a new parameter from Analog 1? No. You need to "add" a new parameter. Leave Analog 1 alone.

Try this 1st:
- Attach Trinity to PC/Laptop running DV.
- Verify it says connected on bottom bar and "lightning bolt is yellow" and Trinity says "under remote control".
- Select File->Re query vehicle info. (This may run for several seconds)
- Select EXTERNAL from the left panel PIDs window. Does "Analog 1 and Analog 2 appear as a sub-tree"?
User avatar
nemiro
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Holt, FL
Contact:

Post by nemiro »

No, I added a new parameter. Sorry for misstating that. I will try it with the laptop hooked up.
__________________________
Neil Emiro - ND Performance
http://www.ndperformance.com
User avatar
nemiro
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Holt, FL
Contact:

Post by nemiro »

OK, when I hook up via laptop, the analog portion shows up. Analog 1 voltage seems to read correctly. However, the parameter I call AFR1 shows up as UNKNOWN, and does not read anything but the bottom of the scaling (7.350).
__________________________
Neil Emiro - ND Performance
http://www.ndperformance.com
User avatar
nemiro
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Holt, FL
Contact:

Post by nemiro »

I deleted AFR1. I then reset all analog to default. I went into Add a Parameter, built it up again, calling it AFR, scaling (low) 7.35 and (high) 22.39. Went into Logging, Create a New Log, selected my view. Replaced the one (now) missing parameter with AFR. Started a new log. Saw AFR moving on the Trinity as it recorded. Stopped recording. Saved the log as "C". Then went to Open a Saved Log, found the log, started it playing, and it displayed all of the parameters, including AFR.

Then went to DV, connected to the tool (while also plugged into the car). Parameter tree comes up, and under EXTERNAL, I can load Analog Voltage 1 & 2, and at the bottom of the tree, once again is UNKNOWN. Predictably, it reads just like the last post.

I then download log "C", and as also predicted, AFR is NOT THERE! Either I am missing something very, very basic, or there is a hardware and/or a software problem here. Log "C" is attached to this post.
User avatar
nemiro
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Holt, FL
Contact:

Post by nemiro »

....and, FYI, I uninstalled DV this morning, downloaded a fresh copy, reinstalled, same results.
__________________________
Neil Emiro - ND Performance
http://www.ndperformance.com
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

OK, looks like something might be broken on SRT4, we're looking into it.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity Dodge Gas”