freezing when logging analog inputs
Moderator: mikel
You can try re-selecting the AFR input from your custom Trinity dashboard. But, IF you load the log file into DV (I agree EXTERNAL Inputs do not appear); And save DV's runtime.txt file found in "My Documents\DataViewer". When I loaded the log; runtime.txt was showing: "UNK IS NOT YET SUPPORTED". That should not be there from DV. Your also using 1r08. That might have been fixed in newer 1r08a or b.
OK, updated the tool to 1r08b, and made two different logs. The first one (ZZ.log) is with everything as before, but updated. No analog in DV. Then I followed the procedure again, deleted AFR, made it up again, and recorded log YY.log. No analog.
I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. I can see AFR on the Trinity. It displays correctly. When I record a log, all of the OBDII/SCI data is there, but no analog.
I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. I can see AFR on the Trinity. It displays correctly. When I record a log, all of the OBDII/SCI data is there, but no analog.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
have to reselect the vehicle after the update 
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
OK, made yet another attempt. Deleted all analog configurations (returned to stock) on DST. Built a new parameter from analog 1, called AFR1. Same scaling. Made a new log with ONLY RPM and AFR1. You guessed it, on DV, I see RPM, but no AFR1. While logging, both were plainly visible on the Trinity's screen.
So, to recap, I am now on 1r08b, reset the analog configs, built a new analog measurement, logged on OBDII parameter and the analog measurement. Result? No analog in DV 3.3.0.8.
So, to recap, I am now on 1r08b, reset the analog configs, built a new analog measurement, logged on OBDII parameter and the analog measurement. Result? No analog in DV 3.3.0.8.
You built a new parameter from Analog 1? No. You need to "add" a new parameter. Leave Analog 1 alone.
Try this 1st:
- Attach Trinity to PC/Laptop running DV.
- Verify it says connected on bottom bar and "lightning bolt is yellow" and Trinity says "under remote control".
- Select File->Re query vehicle info. (This may run for several seconds)
- Select EXTERNAL from the left panel PIDs window. Does "Analog 1 and Analog 2 appear as a sub-tree"?
Try this 1st:
- Attach Trinity to PC/Laptop running DV.
- Verify it says connected on bottom bar and "lightning bolt is yellow" and Trinity says "under remote control".
- Select File->Re query vehicle info. (This may run for several seconds)
- Select EXTERNAL from the left panel PIDs window. Does "Analog 1 and Analog 2 appear as a sub-tree"?
I deleted AFR1. I then reset all analog to default. I went into Add a Parameter, built it up again, calling it AFR, scaling (low) 7.35 and (high) 22.39. Went into Logging, Create a New Log, selected my view. Replaced the one (now) missing parameter with AFR. Started a new log. Saw AFR moving on the Trinity as it recorded. Stopped recording. Saved the log as "C". Then went to Open a Saved Log, found the log, started it playing, and it displayed all of the parameters, including AFR.
Then went to DV, connected to the tool (while also plugged into the car). Parameter tree comes up, and under EXTERNAL, I can load Analog Voltage 1 & 2, and at the bottom of the tree, once again is UNKNOWN. Predictably, it reads just like the last post.
I then download log "C", and as also predicted, AFR is NOT THERE! Either I am missing something very, very basic, or there is a hardware and/or a software problem here. Log "C" is attached to this post.
Then went to DV, connected to the tool (while also plugged into the car). Parameter tree comes up, and under EXTERNAL, I can load Analog Voltage 1 & 2, and at the bottom of the tree, once again is UNKNOWN. Predictably, it reads just like the last post.
I then download log "C", and as also predicted, AFR is NOT THERE! Either I am missing something very, very basic, or there is a hardware and/or a software problem here. Log "C" is attached to this post.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
OK, looks like something might be broken on SRT4, we're looking into it.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]