Not only would the upgrade provide more features on both ends, but it will also allow for the free Tapatalk extension so your board can be available in a mobile format for any mobile device that supports the Tapatalk program. This is especially good if we are on the go and want any easier means to use the forum while mobile.
Tapatalk info
http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php
PHPBB3 Upgrade
http://www.phpbb.com/downloads/olympus.php
Upgrade Forum to PHPBB3 and Activate Tapatalk
Moderator: mikel
RE: Upgrade Forum to PHPBB3 and Activate Tapatalk
I hate Tapatalk. I'm cheap and it won't let me post with the Free version. This forum works pretty well as is on Safari in the iPhone.
Re: RE: Upgrade Forum to PHPBB3 and Activate Tapatalk
Lol, Tapatalk is a great app, The free version is read only obviously, but the paid version is $2.99, I agree I never buy apps, but I do when I have unused itunes gift-cards.Mike_Levy wrote:I hate Tapatalk. I'm cheap and it won't let me post with the Free version. This forum works pretty well as is on Safari in the iPhone.
Plus the following "Upgrades" on DiabloSports end would not cost them anything but man-hours (If-any) to implement.
RE: Re: RE: Upgrade Forum to PHPBB3 and Activate Tapatalk
this site/forum is so modified, would take a lot of man hours... may not seem all that modified to the regular end-user, but for admins, cmr dealers/tuners, etc that have access to additional sections, online apps, and functionality that were custom built into this forum software, it'd be a nightmare... lol... I've been looking in to some other options, but nothing that is going to be happening soon....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Re: RE: Re: RE: Upgrade Forum to PHPBB3 and Activate Tapatal
Just realized they are running PNPHPBB2 so they would need to convert to PHPBB2 first then go to PHPBB3. From searching although I am not very familiar with it there is PHPBB3 "Fully Loaded" which appears to have a bunch of mods pre-installed, but have no clue what that software package includes. I personally like vBulletin, but that requires a paid license.06MonteSS wrote:this site/forum is so modified, would take a lot of man hours... may not seem all that modified to the regular end-user, but for admins, cmr dealers/tuners, etc that have access to additional sections, online apps, and functionality that were custom built into this forum software, it'd be a nightmare... lol... I've been looking in to some other options, but nothing that is going to be happening soon....
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Upgrade Forum to PHPBB3 and Activate Tap
Also Found this over on the phpBB community website:
"For those that have Postnuke sites and want to convert.. it couldnt be any easier...
The steps I took...
1. Made a second database (so my original postnuke DB would not be touched)
2. Copied the entire PN database to the new DB.
3. Removed all tables except the PNphpBB tables.
4. Renamed the PNphpBB Tables from nuke_phpbb_tablename to phpbb_tablename.
4. Created a THIRD database (for phpBB3)
5. Installed phpBB3
To run the phpbb2 to phpbb3 converter, you must tell the script where your original install is. I thought I was stuck a this point because I was doing this test on a different domain (I have several domains 1 of which is solely for testing) and I didnt have a phpbb2 installation on this domain. What I done was copied the entire contents of my /modules/PNphpBB/ to a folder called "forums" on my test site. This gave me the needed files for the convert script to validate and continue.
From here.. it was clear sailing.. Converter done it's job with issues.
Everything copied across perfect.. even avatars.
The only thing that was messed up.. for me.. was the date/time format, but that was easy fixed with a simple database call to alter the format string on the users table."
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5&t=656965
"For those that have Postnuke sites and want to convert.. it couldnt be any easier...
The steps I took...
1. Made a second database (so my original postnuke DB would not be touched)
2. Copied the entire PN database to the new DB.
3. Removed all tables except the PNphpBB tables.
4. Renamed the PNphpBB Tables from nuke_phpbb_tablename to phpbb_tablename.
4. Created a THIRD database (for phpBB3)
5. Installed phpBB3
To run the phpbb2 to phpbb3 converter, you must tell the script where your original install is. I thought I was stuck a this point because I was doing this test on a different domain (I have several domains 1 of which is solely for testing) and I didnt have a phpbb2 installation on this domain. What I done was copied the entire contents of my /modules/PNphpBB/ to a folder called "forums" on my test site. This gave me the needed files for the convert script to validate and continue.
From here.. it was clear sailing.. Converter done it's job with issues.
Everything copied across perfect.. even avatars.
The only thing that was messed up.. for me.. was the date/time format, but that was easy fixed with a simple database call to alter the format string on the users table."
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5&t=656965
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Upgrade Forum to PHPBB3 and Activate Tap
yeah... the database for this site/forum, all it's custom functionality, etc.. has about 150+ different tables, heheh... everything is very intertwined with this current setup they have... can't really change just one file or table without it affecting many many others...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net