ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Moderator: mikel
- cruiserdan
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 pm
ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Another newb question and I apologize up front.
2009 Challenger SRT8, manual trans, U7135 tuner (tuner used but new to me).
I just loaded the 91 CAI tune and the BAS/ESP indicator came on almost immediately. I cycled the ignition a few times during my innital road test and it left for a short while. I operated the car for about 40 minutes and it is now back.
This indicator has not previously illuminitated so I suspect something about the tune has triggered it.
Suggestions?
Thanks, Dan.
EDIT problem corrected. A failed steering angle sensor not related to the tuner.
2009 Challenger SRT8, manual trans, U7135 tuner (tuner used but new to me).
I just loaded the 91 CAI tune and the BAS/ESP indicator came on almost immediately. I cycled the ignition a few times during my innital road test and it left for a short while. I operated the car for about 40 minutes and it is now back.
This indicator has not previously illuminitated so I suspect something about the tune has triggered it.
Suggestions?
Thanks, Dan.
EDIT problem corrected. A failed steering angle sensor not related to the tuner.
Last edited by cruiserdan on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- cruiserdan
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 pm
RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Complete information is helpful......
It is a version v.9r21, hardware UNIV_REV2. It was manufactured 12-8-2009.
It is a version v.9r21, hardware UNIV_REV2. It was manufactured 12-8-2009.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Go into the quick adjust menu and select enable traction control or disable dyno mode, I forget how its worded in your tool, see if that kills the lights.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
- cruiserdan
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 pm
RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
I recall seeing an option for "disable dyno mode". I'll try that.
Thank you sir.
Thank you sir.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Yes, that would be the ticket 
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
- cruiserdan
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 pm
RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Well that process did not solve the issue. Perhaps there is something going on with steering angle calibration. I will visit my mechanic friend at the Dodge store tomorrow and have him hook the Starscan up and check the calibration. Since there are no bus communications during some portions of the tune load it may be like a battery disconnect that requires steering angle calibration?
Signed Stumped in the Southwest High Desert.
Signed Stumped in the Southwest High Desert.
2009 Challenger SRT8. Corsa exhaust, K&N CAI and one of those clear blue tuner thingys.
- cruiserdan
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 pm
RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Well the factory reset of the steering angle did not solve the problem. It came back after ~11 miles when I made a left-hand turn.
The ESP/BAS warnring lamp will reset it's self after some time passes. Time to get the service manual out and read the trouble-shooting to see what normally triggers the lamp.
In over 30,000 miles I never had and it cropped up right after the tune load so logic dictates it is related.
The ESP/BAS warnring lamp will reset it's self after some time passes. Time to get the service manual out and read the trouble-shooting to see what normally triggers the lamp.
In over 30,000 miles I never had and it cropped up right after the tune load so logic dictates it is related.
Last edited by cruiserdan on Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- cruiserdan
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 pm
Re: RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Double-tap...dupe post.
- cruiserdan
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 pm
RE: Re: RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
The steering angle sensor in the column is throwing the code. it appears that the failure may be coincidental. I have an appointment to get the sensor replaced later this week. I will update the outcome.
Thanks for the assistance.
D-
Thanks for the assistance.
D-
2009 Challenger SRT8. Corsa exhaust, K&N CAI and one of those clear blue tuner thingys.
- cruiserdan
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 pm
RE: Re: RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Problem resolved. It was indeed the steering angle sensor. The failure was coincidental and not related to the tune or tuning process.
2009 Challenger SRT8. Corsa exhaust, K&N CAI and one of those clear blue tuner thingys.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Re: RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Interesting, good to hear 
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]