Ordered Predator today

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Oldevilone

Ordered Predator today

Post by Oldevilone »

I have a 2010 f350 6.4 , My son has a 2006 f250 6.0 , He has a Predator and loves it. I came here after ordering to to check out info. Will this work on my truck or should I cancel order. Looking through forum the predator does not work on the 6.4 if you had a update done at the dealer. The (11b23) I think this was done. Should I cancel my order and wait or has a fix been found. I would hate to have it sitting in box as warrenty expires. Plus The cost of unit
Thanks
frankl

RE: Ordered Predator today

Post by frankl »

We are working on an update for the 6.4's it is taking us longer then we wanted, but we are not giving up on the tool. the problem is I dont have an ETA as to when the fix will be out.
rayconway

Post by rayconway »

If I am understanding you currectly Frank, Predators or Trinities will not work period on 08-2010's at all. You know Ford is flashing every one that goes to the shop. I can't imagine how much money this must be costing DS. You would think that would be motivation enough to find a fix.

Is Ford that much smarter than you guys with regard to programming that you can't find a hack? I guess owners and DS need to consider that you may never find a fix, and that DS may have to get out of the Ford Diesel programming business? Lets face it, with all the money Ford lost on the 6.0's, I doubt seriously they are going to turn their backs on this issue, and DS is going to be fighting an uphill battle from here on out.

If it were me, and to save face and customer (present and future), I would put out a disclaimer for all Ford Diesels.

I'm just sayin.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Its not about finding a hack.
We have the keys to the PCM.
Problem is, they changed EVERYTHING. From the size of the tune files themselves, to hpw they are mapped out, to how the calibrations work, it all changed. This puts us way behind the eight ball, but it will get handled.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com