MPG boost tune on trinity ? MPG did not improve

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

cid067

MPG boost tune on trinity ? MPG did not improve

Post by cid067 »

6jy299a Trinity
V.1r08
08 GMC Sierra 1500 6.0L
I recently purchased the trinity and put the MPG boost tune on it to drive to my job 300 miles away. After the trip I lost about .5MPG over my previous drives. 12.9MPG with the MPG boost opposed to 13.5 stock.
What can I do to improve the MPG tune I will be starting a new job in 2 weeks where I will be driving 200 miles a day would love to see some better MPG.
Vas@Diablosport

RE: MPG boost tune on trinity ? MPG did not improve

Post by Vas@Diablosport »

Is this based on manually calculating your fuel economy or by reading the mileage gauge on the display?
No, i don't work here.
cid067

Post by cid067 »

Manual
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

after you flash a tune to the ecm, all learned items like emissions readiness tests, fuel trims, airflow intake, etc all get reset.. they need to be relearned and settle in... so you need to put on about 100 miles to let things get relearned by the ecm and settle in.... so yes, before that happens, your mileage will be off...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
cid067

Post by cid067 »

Ok thanks for the info