2009-2011 CTS-V manual needed!

Vehicles needed for testing

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Okay, forget the Intune. Just picked up a half price Trinity on eBay. Do you have a BETA CROM for me to mess with? :D
mikel

Post by mikel »

Mike_Levy wrote:Okay, forget the Intune. Just picked up a half price Trinity on eBay. Do you have a BETA CROM for me to mess with? :D
You'll be getting a nice update in an email later today...enjoy ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Sweet! I can try this before I have to put the car away. Stupid Cadillac and their stupid summer tires, and stupid NY and the stupid temperatures dropping are ruining my fun.

Thanks Mike!! :twisted:
1fastvee

Post by 1fastvee »

mikel wrote:Well, I know Johan has all the templates done for the 09-12 V's, and tunes to go with them.

I am Beta testing the TCM release as we speak, and ideally, it will get added right after that to Trinity and inTune.
Mike when will there be a plug and play ready for my 2011 V??? These LSA 6.2 Ltr engines been out since 09 what is the hold up??? A response back asap would be greatly appreciated!!!
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Theres a Trinity release coming. A few of us are testing it right now. It should be close.

Not that we need the extra power, but the TCM update is pretty nice, especially in its hard setting. :twisted:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
1fastvee

Post by 1fastvee »

Mike_Levy wrote:Theres a Trinity release coming. A few of us are testing it right now. It should be close.

Not that we need the extra power, but the TCM update is pretty nice, especially in its hard setting. :twisted:
Mike so what is acutually done or being done to the tcm I assume you are meaning the torque management? If so can you give me some details? also the car they are testing is an auto right? that is what I was told that it was a 09 or 10 V auto. Also do you know of any of the approx. power gains that they are seeing so far on a stock V? I only have a Airraid cai dont really want to do much more than tweek the stock tune a bit to get the power GM has left on the table to be unleashed! This tune will still be in safe parameters right?
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

They're speeding up the shifts. There are two levels to choose from, Firm and Hard. Firm is very close to stock feeling, but they're quicker. Hard you can feel and chirp the tires on even 50% throttle shifts. Johan will be trying to get the downshifts to occur with lighter throttle on Monday. If that works out, it will greatly improve the feel of the car.

I also just have an Airaid installed on my car (and a 90mm TB). With the tune it will happily break traction at WOT at anything below 60mph. You really gotta be careful with the throttle. Initial testing showed 23rwhp and 13rwft/lb gains from the tune at the power peaks. There are some areas with more, and some with less. I'm thinking they may be able to coax out a little more and still be safe.

There should be one or two more test tunes tried this week and then they'll be released to the public.
1fastvee

Post by 1fastvee »

Mike what is the eta on this tune to be released? This is for an auto right?
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Its for both auto and manual. I'm guessing it should be done by the end of next week. I know at least 3 of us having been testing it this week, and there might be more.

Mike Litsch will be back from SEMA on Monday. He'll know more then I do. I'm just doing testing, he works there.
1fastvee

Post by 1fastvee »

Mike_Levy wrote:Its for both auto and manual. I'm guessing it should be done by the end of next week. I know at least 3 of us having been testing it this week, and there might be more.

Mike Litsch will be back from SEMA on Monday. He'll know more then I do. I'm just doing testing, he works there.
Mike what do you think right now about these gains and how the car performs right now both power gains and with the new tcm and shifting changes? when should we be looking for this tune to go public and be ready to buy it? Also is this tune with the stock 187 stat or 160 stat?
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

The gains are fair, and theres gonna be another update coming with a different fuel ramp rate that should make it better. Can't really say too much about all out performance. With the cooler weather (i'm in NYC) and the V's summer tires, theres no stick, so really laying into it to check the difference is kinda not possible.

The TCM updates are nice. They chose to have 2 different versions, one just slightly firmer then stock, and one harder one, so you can set it for personal preference. The Hard one is great for me. I like to feel my shifts, and they're certainly much faster.

The tune is setup for the stock T-stat, but if you have a 160, you can easily lower the fan turn-on temperatures.

When it is released, I would absolutely recommend it. I hate having to send in my PCM for tuning. It leaves the car dead for however long it takes, and if you do another upgrade, you gotta send it in again. Tuning with the Trinity (or soon the InTune) takes about 5 minutes, and if you need an update done, you call a tuner with the CMR software and they can update your tune and email it to you (for a small fee). Its much preferable IMO. :D
1fastvee

Post by 1fastvee »

Mike_Levy wrote:The gains are fair, and theres gonna be another update coming with a different fuel ramp rate that should make it better. Can't really say too much about all out performance. With the cooler weather (i'm in NYC) and the V's summer tires, theres no stick, so really laying into it to check the difference is kinda not possible.

The TCM updates are nice. They chose to have 2 different versions, one just slightly firmer then stock, and one harder one, so you can set it for personal preference. The Hard one is great for me. I like to feel my shifts, and they're certainly much faster.

The tune is setup for the stock T-stat, but if you have a 160, you can easily lower the fan turn-on temperatures.

When it is released, I would absolutely recommend it. I hate having to send in my PCM for tuning. It leaves the car dead for however long it takes, and if you do another upgrade, you gotta send it in again. Tuning with the Trinity (or soon the InTune) takes about 5 minutes, and if you need an update done, you call a tuner with the CMR software and they can update your tune and email it to you (for a small fee). Its much preferable IMO. :D
Mike thanks for all the info look forward to when this tune is available.
riderover

Re: 2009-2011 CTS-V manual needed!

Post by riderover »

mikel wrote:I have a Free dyno tune waiting for anyone with a 09-11 V manual.
If you decide to do a pulley/CAI afterward, we will retune it for you for free as well.

Let me know!!
Owners manual or repair manual? LOL Mine is an A6 !
raymorieko

Re: 2009-2011 CTS-V manual needed!

Post by raymorieko »

Did we have to do something special to get the 2011 CTS V Dyno tune? I just finished updating my I-1000 and was wondering if it's included in the update? Thanx, Ray