Ahem...OK...TCM support anyone???

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
48548
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by 48548 »

How do I back it up with out programming it? Is there an easy way to just get the backups?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

if it loaded a tune to your truck, it has your backups stored in the tools memory.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
48548
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by 48548 »

I put it back to stock... I will try to reprogram back to the 87 tune and them upload the backups. Thanks.
User avatar
DHufton
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:18 pm

Post by DHufton »

Woooo! I have been waiting for this! I want in on this goodness!!! Thanks DiabloSport team!
Image
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ w/5.3L Crew Cab Z71, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Image
48548
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by 48548 »

I sent mike the pcm backup... I don't think it touched the TCM... Also not I can't put it back to stock which it what I was worried about... I had to drop it off at the dealer to fix a bad window seal, should I just pay them to restore the stock tuning? I used your 87 tune and it worked fine, but when I tried to go back it said back up corrupt, and and a #4. Let me know if you have an ideas and putting it back to stock and finding a way to get the tranny tune up to you? Thanks, again.
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Post by 06MonteSS »

didn't have to let the tune fully install... after the trinity saves a copy of the backup, then it goes to the install tune/modify tune screen... at that point, just unplug the trinity...

the original backup is saved in the tool and you have not installed a tune to the truck...


either way, after getting the copy of the original backup from the trinity, should have restored original backup to the truck before going to the dealer...

oh, and Mike and a bunch of other diablo folks are not in this week.. they are at the SEMA show in Vegas... will be back next week...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
48548
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by 48548 »

Oh well... Worst case 120 an hour to pay to dealer to reprogram it. I am going to put it back to stock and not mess with it.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

so, any feedback here?

can I release this or what?!?!?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
48548
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by 48548 »

I wanted to say thanks to Frank and Mike for working with me yesterday on my 2011 EXT and getting my factory tune reinstalled and updating my trinity to support my TCM cal. I used it today and it finally worked like it was supposed to. I would recommend moving forward with releasing it!!!! You guys are the best, thank you again, and I really like the new tool, VS the old prediator I had on my 05 silverado... I liked the mpg tune, with the firm shift option, nice.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

Great, thanks for the feedback.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

OK, this update will become the release.

Has shift points for normal and tow haul in trucks, and normal and sport in cars.

Enjoy!!!
Attachments
trinity_gm_can_gas-1t08go_update.crom
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 220 times
Last edited by mikel on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
48548
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by 48548 »

Is there any difference between that file and the 1t08gm version?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

adjustments for shift points in tow/haul mode ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Bulls729
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Bulls729 »

Soooo.... T42 Very soon now right? So I can finally test something again!
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

Its next ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity GM Gas”