2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
-
huntfishtruck
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:23 pm
2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
U7192x rev 9r13 2006 2500HD with 8.1 and Allison trany
I tried the intitial install , I went step buy step according to the directions and prompts, the upload of my factory settings went fine, but then I tried to down load the 87 oct program and it stoped after about 3% and gave an illegal code. I tried a couple times and then contacted tech support,we tried many thing via phone and no success. I was told I could send the PCM and the Preditor back and it would be flashed for me. My question is to what address? return authorization #, and to confirm that it is actualy the PCM and not the ECM?
I tried the intitial install , I went step buy step according to the directions and prompts, the upload of my factory settings went fine, but then I tried to down load the 87 oct program and it stoped after about 3% and gave an illegal code. I tried a couple times and then contacted tech support,we tried many thing via phone and no success. I was told I could send the PCM and the Preditor back and it would be flashed for me. My question is to what address? return authorization #, and to confirm that it is actualy the PCM and not the ECM?
RE: 2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
your truck only has a single PCM for the engine... your allision transmission has its own separate controller, that is inside the transmission, and the predator can not communicate with that anyway, so the predator did not do anything to the allison transmission tcm...
you need to fill out the RMA request form...
https://www.diablosport.com/index.php?m ... ay&pid=108
you need to fill out the RMA request form...
https://www.diablosport.com/index.php?m ... ay&pid=108
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
-
huntfishtruck
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:23 pm
RE: 2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
I have filled out the RMA now. Thank you 06monteSS
RE: 2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
cool... sounds good man..... and np, you're welcome! 
the guys will be back in the office on Monday, and you should hear something back from the RMA department then...
they will send you all the info you need on what you need to do next...
the guys will be back in the office on Monday, and you should hear something back from the RMA department then...
they will send you all the info you need on what you need to do next...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
-
huntfishtruck
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:23 pm
RE: 2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
Ok 06MonteSS I have the unit and PMC on the table ready to go.I notice in the RMA copy sent to me that there is an error in my address. Should say East Greenbush Not ast Greenbush. will there be a chance to correct that when they contact me?
-
huntfishtruck
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:23 pm
RE: 2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
Playing twenty questions and E-mail tag for an RMA
RE: 2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
haha.. yeah, not sure how the RMA's work man.. never had to do one... and I'm not there AT diablosport, so yeah - your best bet is to get ahold of the RMA dept. at this point, either via email or try calling....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
-
huntfishtruck
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:23 pm
RE: 2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
have RMA now just trying to generate a reciept, bought it online thru A1 and only have Pay pal reciept, in all fairness this is cyber monday so things are hectic.
-
huntfishtruck
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:23 pm
RE: 2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
shipping today fast ship. we will see what the turnaround time is.
-
huntfishtruck
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:23 pm
RE: 2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
shipping today fast ship. we will see what the turnaround time is.
-
huntfishtruck
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:23 pm
RE: 2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
Diablo should have it but the first.
-
huntfishtruck
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:23 pm
RE: 2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
UPS Status change Diablo should have it today.the 2nd
-
huntfishtruck
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:23 pm
RE: 2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
Diablo received my stuff 11:30Am 12/2/2011, now lets see how fast the turn around is, I hope its quick.
-
huntfishtruck
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:23 pm
RE: 2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
well, I am a happy customer to say the least, Diablo had my Predator and PCM for just over 24 hours corrected the issue and shipped it, on its way back in just over 24 hours, THATS Good customer service in my book. so for the guy who posted else where in the forum only bad comments you don't know what your talking about.
Thanks Tech support.
Thanks Tech support.
-
huntfishtruck
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:23 pm
RE: 2006 GM 8.1 w/ Allison download denied
PCM and predator arrived around 10:00AM this morning and back in truck and running. It was received a Diablo 11:30 friday Morning and back at my house roughly 1000 mile away on tuesday at 10:00AM pretty impressive customer service, and no charge. the cause of my issue was probably a weak battery (not they'er fault) Good Job Guys