06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

RE: Re: RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor

Post by 06MonteSS »

you have an aftermarket MAF sensor on there???? bad bad bad... get the stock one back on there asap.. and also leave the screen in it....

no need for an aftermarket MAF sensor - they fool the ecm into thinking that it's running leaner than it really is... that's bad.. . you'll never get the fueling correct....

and the stock MAF is good for 550+ hp anyway, no need to change it...

so yeah, get rid of the aftermarket MAF sensor and put the stock one back on... THEN you should be much better...

also, if you have a CAI or have done any exhaust work, check everything, all bolts/clamps, make sure everything is TIGHT and no air leaks anywhere...


and no about dslogredux, Grumpy_Aero_Guy gets that, he's the one who actually coded/programmed the application... he'll appreciate it! thanks! ;)
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
B0nzz
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 pm

RE: Re: RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor

Post by B0nzz »

I didn't say I had an aftermaret one, just wonder if it is a possibility?

I brought the tune back to stock and you were right, it has more power. I ran a data log on the stock tune. How can I tell if it is not a stock tune to start with? I haven't had a chance to hook the pred to my puter yet but by looking over the logs, it looks like the fuel trim is +12...

This is why I hate used cars, you can never tell what was done to them.

I did notice that now that there is no tune, there is no surge between 4 and 8 cyl like when there is a tune. When it was tuned it would surge real bad when the dod turned off..maybe a clue?
Last edited by B0nzz on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: Re: RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor

Post by mikel »

post up a copy of your 'stock' tune that the Predator reads out.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
B0nzz
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by B0nzz »

I have attached my "stock" tune and the first one that told me to go -12 on the slope
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Post by 06MonteSS »

those are data log files, not your tune file...

read the info/instructions here in SECTION 1 about how to get the original backup stock tune file copied off the predator and to your pc:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=P ... pic&t=6547
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
B0nzz
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by B0nzz »

I hope this is it!!
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes, that is a stock tune file.... I compared it to other stock tune files, and it's a perfect match...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
B0nzz
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by B0nzz »

Why would be so far off then?

Can something be wrong?
B0nzz
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by B0nzz »

any ideas?
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Post by 06MonteSS »

air / vacuum leaks somewhere?? check the cai, manifolds, exhaust, make sure all bolts/clamps are TIGHT and no air leaks anywhere... check the intake manifold, make sure there's no leaks around that (may have to do a smoke test for that one).... is it still the stock MAF sensor? with the screen still in it?? etc etc
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
B0nzz
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by B0nzz »

Its not throwing any codes.

I shot all around the intake and hoses with carb cleaner and no change in the idl what so ever.
Very consistant idle too

Exhust is all welded so no leaks there.

I assume it is stock map but will check it this weekend when I get home
I also just got stomped by a G8.
I ran up along side him around 60 and by the time we hit around 120 he was about three to 4 car lengths ahead of me..is that right? Should a G8 take me?
B0nzz
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by B0nzz »

It has the stock sesor in it and used another can of carb cleaner around the entire engine.

Any other ideas??
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Post by 06MonteSS »

not really... just just be how your car is then... could be your location, elevation/altitude... other than that, if there are no leaks anywhere, then not much you can do about it...

but I would definitely not adjust your injector slope that much... don't go any more than -5% on it...

or get a custom tune done to have the MAF sensor table rescaled appropriately...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
User avatar
smokestack
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:12 am

Post by smokestack »

Since you have a K&N filter i would get a can of maf sensor cleaner and clean it up. Had a issue like that and the oil from the filter had coated the sensor messing up the reading :(
B0nzz
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by B0nzz »

OK so I stuck my finger in the intake (better then my exhust I guess) and there was a lot of oil carbon build up. Meineke talked me in the fiuel system cleaner and foamed the throttle body and injectors and scrubbed out with a rag and brish for me. They also shot a can of MAF cleaner on my Maf. I pulled all the front plugs and they still look great (got about 30,000 miles on them). I cant even see the rear plugs so I assume they look just as good.

MAF is stock with screen and clean..

OK, time for a customer tune.

06MONTESS, where do I send my money?
I got a amazon $150 GC, will ya take that?
How about AMEX
a goat and a half a six pack?

Let me know.
Post Reply

Return to “Predator GM Gas”