Best gas question

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
mrdth
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:25 am

Best gas question

Post by mrdth »

This might be a dumb question but is there any difference between gas stations ie Sunoco, Mobil, Shell. I know it all comes from the same place but don't different companies ad their own blend of additives. If so who has the best gas for perfomance vehicles.
User avatar
Ill_Born_SS
Posts: 962
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:48 pm

RE: Best gas question

Post by Ill_Born_SS »

Mobil
Only one thing to say about my "Diablew" Tune!
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

RE: Best gas question

Post by 06MonteSS »

don't use shell!

mobil, exxon, sunoco, amoco, bp, and chevron are good ones...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

RE: Best gas question

Post by Mike_Levy »

Exxon/Mobil or BP is all I've ever put in my cars.
User avatar
ohten
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: Florida

RE: Best gas question

Post by ohten »

Check toptiergas.com
Fear is temporary regret is forever YOLO
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

RE: Best gas question

Post by Mike_Levy »

Top Tier is bullshit propaganda. They're no better then anything else, and in many cases, worse. Top Tier pushes crap like Shell, yet its the worst stuff in the world for performance. Absolutely zero knock resistance.
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

RE: Best gas question

Post by 06MonteSS »

yeah, don't go by toptier.. . Shell is on there, and it's one of the worst offenders for causing knock retard...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
rsonnltz
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:15 pm

RE: Best gas question

Post by rsonnltz »

I have been using Shell's 93 octane gas because it the only gas around where I live that doesn't contain any ethanol. Am I better off using Mobil or BP 93 Octane with ethanol than Shell's ethanol free 93 octane?
mrdth
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:25 am

RE: Best gas question

Post by mrdth »

Great, I just filled brand new SS Camaro vert with Shell 93 :cry:
mrdth
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:25 am

RE: Best gas question

Post by mrdth »

What about Sunoco 94. Is that compatable with diablo tune or is custom tune recomended? Personally I've always liked Sunoco gas. But maybe its because the station near my house looks cool. Marketing does work.
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

RE: Best gas question

Post by Mike_Levy »

You can use Sunoco Ultra 94. Its about equal to Exxon/Mobil or BP 93.
mrdth
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:25 am

Post by mrdth »

Bump
BlakeryRT
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:55 am

Post by BlakeryRT »

Sorry to revive this thread, however rsonnltz had a great question that was not answered I believe, if i am wrong please correct me, I work 60 hrs a week so I do over look stuff lol, but im in the same boat as rsonnltz, there is only one station in my area that has ethanol free gas and its a shell station and family owned so ive been partial to it, however family is not the issue here, would I be better off using mobil or BP 93 with ethanol vs ethanol free shell 93, looking for forward to a reply, thanks guys!!!!
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes.. use Mobil 93....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

Post by Mike_Levy »

Don't worry about family. Whats best for the car is the one to use. I have stock in Exxon Mobil. Hell, the dividends are paying for the V, yet it hasn't seen a single drop of their gas. The only thing I've put in the CTS-V since new has been BP.
Post Reply

Return to “General inTune forum”