Is there such an app? If not, is the data available that would allow someone to make one? If I knew the file structure and had a list of all the associated parameters, I could probably throw something together and make it available.
Doing it while sitting in the Jeep is a PITA.
PC App to Create/Mod Gauge Layouts?
Moderator: mikel
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: PC App to Create/Mod Gauge Layouts?
no, it has to be done in the tool....thats how I make the preloaded layouts 
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: PC App to Create/Mod Gauge Layouts?
<--- Would be willing to write the program.
The apostrophe does not mean "Look out, here comes an S"!
"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: PC App to Create/Mod Gauge Layouts?
I honeslty dont know that it could even be done in windows...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: PC App to Create/Mod Gauge Layouts?
biggest issue being there is no way to cache a giant list of 100s of pids for every supported vehicle, so you'd have no way to know what PIDs you have available or which ones would work for your PCM.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: RE: PC App to Create/Mod Gauge Layouts?
Why would you have to cache the data? Couldn't it just be in a big database that is either a flat file associated with the app or a real rational database?
The database included things like:
Year, Make, Model, Option, Engine, PID, PID Description, Units
It wold be a little more complex than that, but I think it would work. If you want to force the user to have an internet connection, you could have it ping an online database for the info.
Pretty positive you would get several folks trying to write something for free... I see gizmodo put his hand up...
Just a thought...
The database included things like:
Year, Make, Model, Option, Engine, PID, PID Description, Units
It wold be a little more complex than that, but I think it would work. If you want to force the user to have an internet connection, you could have it ping an online database for the info.
Pretty positive you would get several folks trying to write something for free... I see gizmodo put his hand up...
Just a thought...
mikel wrote:biggest issue being there is no way to cache a giant list of 100s of pids for every supported vehicle, so you'd have no way to know what PIDs you have available or which ones would work for your PCM.
RE: Re: RE: PC App to Create/Mod Gauge Layouts?
I've been asking for this for years. MSD had it with the DashHawk, so its definitely possible.
TDS files appear to be XML. It really wouldn't be that tough, but I can see where DS may not want to give the PID database out. If a decision is made though I'd be happy to do the coding.
The apostrophe does not mean "Look out, here comes an S"!
"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
guess the question is, what's the worst that can happen if you create a layout with a PID that's unsupported for the platform being used? short of it letting the Magic Smoke out of the tool can it really do anything evil? given an xls table with the needed info bits even I could cobble something together (i've done far worse for phones and their contact lists!)
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4, Stage 3
Trinity, tuned by Nigel
EGT K-type thermocouple on Analog 1 (pending)
NGK AFX AFR on Analog 2
Wishing for:
Snow Perfomance hookup completion
more analog inputs (4 total would make me happy)
Trinity, tuned by Nigel
EGT K-type thermocouple on Analog 1 (pending)
NGK AFX AFR on Analog 2
Wishing for:
Snow Perfomance hookup completion
more analog inputs (4 total would make me happy)