Tune For 2011 392 Hemi Chally

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
jlr48507
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Tune For 2011 392 Hemi Chally

Post by jlr48507 »

So, I was at the Autorama in Detroit and had the chance to talk with the Mopar and SRT folks and they said that the encryption on the PCM is a military encryption and it will be quite a while before anyone will crack it.

Does this sound right? I followed up with some of my Dads friends who work at CTC in Auburn Hills and they said that many talks are going on at high levels within the corporation to help the aftermarket and the 392 owners. I also heard some info that Arraington might get tapped to handle the tunes since they are working side by side with SRT/Mopar guys at CTC in Auburn Hills.

I have heard so many things I do not know waht to believe.

I own a 2011 392 Hemi IE # 164 White with Blue Stripes.
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

RE: Tune For 2011 392 Hemi Chally

Post by Mike_Levy »

Thats is correct. That why theres no tuning for the 2011 and 2012 Mopars yet. Arrington has nothing either. They can do complete wiring harness and 2010 PCM swaps, but for the cost its not nearly worth it.
jlr48507
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:40 pm

RE: Tune For 2011 392 Hemi Chally

Post by jlr48507 »

I was offered the 2010 PCM swap by RDP in Cleveland, but after talking to the SRT/Mopar guys, I will wait till either Diablo cracks it or Chrysler opens the calibration up. Something has to give.
User avatar
Bullet85
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:33 pm

RE: Tune For 2011 392 Hemi Chally

Post by Bullet85 »

Dave at B&G Chrysler has a tuned PCM for ur 392.....i talked to one customer to make sure it was real an on the dyno he made 35rwhp on Chrysler dyno....They will have a 11 5.7L in next week to start to tune them also......This is the route il be going for my 11 5.7L until an actual handheld tuner comes out....
12 Charger SRT8: LMI Intake, SLP LM exhaust........waiting on CMR, then il buy a Trinity
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

RE: Tune For 2011 392 Hemi Chally

Post by Mike_Levy »

I could never do that with a Mopar. The way the Cals are always changing, I'd be scared shitless that the dealer would overwrite it every time I brought the car in.
User avatar
Bullet85
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:33 pm

Re: RE: Tune For 2011 392 Hemi Chally

Post by Bullet85 »

Mike_Levy wrote:I could never do that with a Mopar. The way the Cals are always changing, I'd be scared shitless that the dealer would overwrite it every time I brought the car in.
I was worried about this as well but i talked to my dealer and u have to request a flash or PCM upgrade upon request or they will not do it.....Besides i always go back with my car if its at the dealer....if i cant i dont go to the dealer
12 Charger SRT8: LMI Intake, SLP LM exhaust........waiting on CMR, then il buy a Trinity
User avatar
SRT8Tech
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:45 pm

Re: RE: Tune For 2011 392 Hemi Chally

Post by SRT8Tech »

Bullet85 wrote:
Mike_Levy wrote:I could never do that with a Mopar. The way the Cals are always changing, I'd be scared shitless that the dealer would overwrite it every time I brought the car in.
I was worried about this as well but i talked to my dealer and u have to request a flash or PCM upgrade upon request or they will not do it.....Besides i always go back with my car if its at the dealer....if i cant i dont go to the dealer
DUDE!!! Thats wrong..............They told us to "update everything" if it has an update!!!!!! Did not need customers authority...........Be carefull.
2013 SuperBee......................................................
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: Re: RE: Tune For 2011 392 Hemi Chally

Post by mikel »

Yeah, why would they pay engineers BIG money to develop new calibrations then keep them to themselves???
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
SRT8Tech
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:45 pm

RE: Re: RE: Tune For 2011 392 Hemi Chally

Post by SRT8Tech »

Yep, I remember it quite well the day they told us to update it all even if there wasnt anything wrong with the car. We were all pissed because they were not going to pay us individually for each module flashed. They were going to pay us 2 tenths to update them all. Good thing is I would NEVER update a damn thing on the SRT stuff unless I talked to the customer myself first. Thats just the way I was with the customer. I wanted to talk to them before I did anything to the car. Thats why I got 99% of the SRT stuff to work on.
2013 SuperBee......................................................
jlr48507
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: RE: Tune For 2011 392 Hemi Chally

Post by jlr48507 »

Bullet85 wrote:Dave at B&G Chrysler has a tuned PCM for ur 392.....i talked to one customer to make sure it was real an on the dyno he made 35rwhp on Chrysler dyno....They will have a 11 5.7L in next week to start to tune them also......This is the route il be going for my 11 5.7L until an actual handheld tuner comes out....
What is the best way to get a hold of Dave? I know I talked to him a few months back and he said he was working on some things, but they were minor improvements. So, you are saying he is getting 35 RWHP and what about an extra 40 in torque?

I am in that area all the time.
User avatar
SRT8Tech
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:45 pm

Re: RE: Tune For 2011 392 Hemi Chally

Post by SRT8Tech »

jlr48507 wrote:
Bullet85 wrote:Dave at B&G Chrysler has a tuned PCM for ur 392.....i talked to one customer to make sure it was real an on the dyno he made 35rwhp on Chrysler dyno....They will have a 11 5.7L in next week to start to tune them also......This is the route il be going for my 11 5.7L until an actual handheld tuner comes out....
What is the best way to get a hold of Dave? I know I talked to him a few months back and he said he was working on some things, but they were minor improvements. So, you are saying he is getting 35 RWHP and what about an extra 40 in torque?

I am in that area all the time.

Well, he said 18 PEAK HP and 35 HP in the curve but still havent seen anything to prove this. Honestly, sending PCM out to get tuned is NOT an option the way cars react to tuning. One car may like the tune and the next will HATE it. Being able to custom tune your own car is the way to go period. If custom tuning is never available for these cars then im out.
2013 SuperBee......................................................
User avatar
Bullet85
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:33 pm

Re: RE: Tune For 2011 392 Hemi Chally

Post by Bullet85 »

jlr48507 wrote:
Bullet85 wrote:Dave at B&G Chrysler has a tuned PCM for ur 392.....i talked to one customer to make sure it was real an on the dyno he made 35rwhp on Chrysler dyno....They will have a 11 5.7L in next week to start to tune them also......This is the route il be going for my 11 5.7L until an actual handheld tuner comes out....
What is the best way to get a hold of Dave? I know I talked to him a few months back and he said he was working on some things, but they were minor improvements. So, you are saying he is getting 35 RWHP and what about an extra 40 in torque?

I am in that area all the time.
586-758-2003 his extention is 201....He is waiting on someone to bring in an 11 5.7L....right now he is doing all 6.4L......
12 Charger SRT8: LMI Intake, SLP LM exhaust........waiting on CMR, then il buy a Trinity
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity Dodge Gas”