Custom tune Instruction video!!!

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Quick

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Custom tune Instruction video!!!

Post by Quick »

kaveman wrote:As for your Windows comparison... You can do those updates without any other additioal hardware.
Really? I tried that. It said something about "can't connect to internet". So I called Dell and they said I had to call some completely different company and arrange for internet service. So I called the internet service people and they said I had to buy some completely different hardware, and cables, and subscribe to their service and hook my pc up to that.

Friggin thing should have come with everything in the box.
2006 Magnum SRT8
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve
kaveman

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Custom tune Instruction video!!!

Post by kaveman »

You win!
brandy16

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Custom tune Instruction video!!!

Post by brandy16 »

If you read before you buy you would have known. I dont depend on any dealer to tell me what I need. I do alot of research before I buy and then I know what Iam getting. Sounds to me like you want every one to tell you what you need. Remember do some research before you lay down your money.
brandy16

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Custom tune Instruction video!!!

Post by brandy16 »

kaveman wrote:Everything you need is not in the box. Alot of times you plug in the tool and it says you need to upgrade. This requires you toget the additional hardware. Now you need to chase it down just to use your brand new outa the box tool.
As for your Windows comparison... You can do those updates without any other additioal hardware.
All in all I think(and you know what opinions are like), it sucks getting a brand new relatively expensive tool home and finding out you need yet more hardware to get it to work. You would have known that you have to order the cable if you had been paying attention. I dont trust any dealer to tell me what I need. I do the research and I tell the dealer what I need. The only time that dosent work is when they order the wrong thing. Make sure you know what you need before you lay down your money.
Kaveman
sinister

Post by sinister »

I agree kaveman I got mine i need to buy all the cords and download something to get a $300 product to even work. My hemi has plenty of enough power I need. I just bought the predator for fun because the website and people said "OH it's EASY just plug it in and go raise hell!" Ive had the thing for a week and haven't raised shit yet!
brandy16

Post by brandy16 »

If you do your research before you buy you wont have those problems. I did my research and new what I needed and ordered it with my diablo sport. They can not protect you from your self. You need to grow up and do things for your self.
hemi-timmy

Post by hemi-timmy »

I plugged my New Predator U1735 into my 05 Magnum RT AWD, the device says I need an update. I've been very confused ever since then. When my programmer was put in the box, it had rev21 on it. Once it went in the box, it had no idea if rev22 or 23 was ever created. My car has no idea that rev 22 or 23 was ever created.
I'm thinking that when my u1735 went in the box, it knew that it wouldn't work with my 05 Magnum RT AWD*.
So when I look at the rev history, rev 23 does not say "added 05 Magnum RT AWD support"
Am I thinking of this process correctly.
Am I incorrect in wondering why it didn't work with my car?
*Could my autostart remote starter cause the u1735 to think it needs an update.
Thanks for your help.
hemi-timmy

Post by hemi-timmy »

UPDATE to my Previous post:
I got the interface kit and updated the calibration for my 2005 Magnum RT AWD. The programmer works great with the vehicle. These forums are a great resource and the DiabloSport is a very fun product.
My car responds to my commands much better now.
You press the gas, it goes!!!
Thanks!
giovanni35

Post by giovanni35 »

i installed kooks long tubes headers with hi flow cats ,corsa catback extreme and with the predator my check engine light stills comes on. can anybody help me? 2010 challenger srt8 6 speed
HemiJunky

Post by HemiJunky »

I just sent out my factory tune for the custom tune. When I get the custom tune back will the factory tune still be there? Also do I reset to factory tune or just install the custom tune? I also had the 93 oct and CAI tune installed. Will the custom tune have these specs on it?
mikel

Post by mikel »

All you sent was a copy of your factory tune, it is still stored in the Trinity.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
HemiJunky

Post by HemiJunky »

That is what I thought I was supposed to do. What is the next step that I have to do? Data log and then send it to you? I will have to research on how to do that. Why was it necessary to send in the factory tune? I am new to this stuff so any help would be appreciated.
RippMadness

Post by RippMadness »

i used a household modem pulg and it works fine for power!!!!! wink wink wink..... serial to usb sold at radioshack.....