392 Hemi tuner

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
User avatar
Bullet85
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:33 pm

392 Hemi tuner

Post by Bullet85 »

Will there ever be one, or r u guys working out a deal with chrysler on this? Ralph Gilles tells the SRT community that "we hear u on the tuning issue" The way i see it, only way tuning will be an option is if they offer an open PCM for u guys......Honestly what u yall think?
12 Charger SRT8: LMI Intake, SLP LM exhaust........waiting on CMR, then il buy a Trinity
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

RE: 392 Hemi tuner

Post by Mike_Levy »

Ralph says a lot if things. Its all PR bullshit. The new Viper was supposed to have a dual clutch transmission and an 8.7L 700hp V10. Did any of that happen? Nope. Its got the same 8.4L, with less power then a GT500 along with an antiquated 6 speed manual. Lost my sale. I'll be damned if I'm gonna drop $100k and have to shift myself and have less power then a Mustang.

I'd really like 5 minutes to get in Ralphs face and get some real answers.
User avatar
Bullet85
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:33 pm

RE: 392 Hemi tuner

Post by Bullet85 »

Well if there is no tuner out by the end of next summer, il be doing the PCM/Harness swap.....then il be able to tune my car...
12 Charger SRT8: LMI Intake, SLP LM exhaust........waiting on CMR, then il buy a Trinity
User avatar
Bullet85
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:33 pm

RE: 392 Hemi tuner

Post by Bullet85 »

Diablo what ur is response to my 1st post?
12 Charger SRT8: LMI Intake, SLP LM exhaust........waiting on CMR, then il buy a Trinity
ricks
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:06 pm

RE: 392 Hemi tuner

Post by ricks »

How many times are you going to ask the same question? You have pages and pages and pages of asking the same type question or telling every poster on here that "It will never happen." Can you not comprehend that you can't simply "wish" something into existence? You have surpassed being a nuisance and graduated into harassment.

When, or if, they have a product available for the 2011's & 12's, they'll post it. Until then, they won't. If you back off and leave them alone maybe they can spend more time working on it.

They even put an Announcement at the top of the Forum telling people this because they are tired of saying the same thing over and over and over; especially to the same people, over and over and over.
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?na ... ic&t=38056
Rick
2009 Challenger SRT
Kenne Bell 2.8LC Supercharger
User avatar
Bullet85
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:33 pm

Re: RE: 392 Hemi tuner

Post by Bullet85 »

ricks wrote:How many times are you going to ask the same question? You have pages and pages and pages of asking the same type question or telling every poster on here that "It will never happen." Can you not comprehend that you can't simply "wish" something into existence? You have surpassed being a nuisance and graduated into harassment.

When, or if, they have a product available for the 2011's & 12's, they'll post it. Until then, they won't. If you back off and leave them alone maybe they can spend more time working on it.

They even put an Announcement at the top of the Forum telling people this because they are tired of saying the same thing over and over and over; especially to the same people, over and over and over.
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?na ... ic&t=38056
Ur funny......Calmn down rick buddy.....I want to here it from them if they r gonna work with chrysler on the tuning issue....cause i know they "cant" do it by themselves.....and asked if there will be an open PCM.....ur statement makes no sense at all....Like i said b4...il break it down for u.....Handheld tuner form DS with no help...Not gonna happen....the question was in the 1st post...it has been asked b4 ur right on that, but still was never answered...its always beating around the bush with no answer....as far as harassment ur dead wrong.....freedom of speech...simply asking a question....its in the US constitution.......question still no answer.....now mayb they will answer.....? thanx rick
12 Charger SRT8: LMI Intake, SLP LM exhaust........waiting on CMR, then il buy a Trinity
User avatar
SRT8Tech
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:45 pm

RE: Re: RE: 392 Hemi tuner

Post by SRT8Tech »

I took care of my lack of tuning for my 392......................I traded it in for a 2012 Shelby GT500.
2013 SuperBee......................................................
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

RE: Re: RE: 392 Hemi tuner

Post by Mike_Levy »

Hope you got a good deal? I wouldn't have bought a 2012 unless i got it for around $40k with the 662hp 2013 coming out next month. I couldn't live with myself if I gave up on an extra 100hp. Exactly why I bought the V instead of an M56.

So what'd it cost you?
User avatar
Bullet85
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:33 pm

RE: Re: RE: 392 Hemi tuner

Post by Bullet85 »

Well my tuner and dodge service manager said that chrysler will never offer and open pcm so tuning could be achieved.....sux but oh well...i give up...2010 harness/pcm swap next summer
12 Charger SRT8: LMI Intake, SLP LM exhaust........waiting on CMR, then il buy a Trinity
User avatar
SRT8Tech
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:45 pm

Re: RE: Re: RE: 392 Hemi tuner

Post by SRT8Tech »

Mike_Levy wrote:Hope you got a good deal? I wouldn't have bought a 2012 unless i got it for around $40k with the 662hp 2013 coming out next month. I couldn't live with myself if I gave up on an extra 100hp. Exactly why I bought the V instead of an M56.

So what'd it cost you?
Hell....40k would have been nice but thats not gonna happen. LOL. Sticker was 56k. I got it for 49k out the door and got a little over 39k for my 392. I would not have been able to get a 2013 for another 6+ months the way things are going. BUT, I decided to not get the 2013 for other reasons. The main reason is the 2013 uses the same rods as the 2012 5.4L. Its basically the same rod. The 2013 rod is no stronger than the 2012 so the new engine is still limited to the same rwhp and tq as the old 5.4L. Stock for stock the 2013 will be faster but mod for mod the 5.4L will still be cheaper in the long run. The 2012 runs 9 pounds stock and the 2013 already runs 15 pounds stock.

They did make the pistons stronger in the new 5.8L but the pistons were never a problem in the 5.4L, it was always the rods failing first with the high hp and tq cars.
2013 SuperBee......................................................
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 392 Hemi tuner

Post by Mike_Levy »

It runs 15 pounds of boost? Thats a figure I'm more used to seeing with turbos (the 560hp M5 makes 23psi!). The ZR1 makes 638 with just 10.5, and the V/ZL1 make 556/580 with 8.5. I'm making just south of 650 with 13.5. I knew those guys claiming that OHC Ford motors were better then pushrods were crazy.
User avatar
SRT8Tech
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:45 pm

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 392 Hemi tuner

Post by SRT8Tech »

HarrisonZ wrote:Those hp. numbers are pretty weak for the boost being run. Lol.
Exactly!!!!!

When I get the ported VMP TVS blower and tune it will be running 16 pounds BUT I will be in the 650 RWHP range with my 5.4L...................
2013 SuperBee......................................................
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 392 Hemi tuner

Post by Mike_Levy »

Need a spare transmission for that? I can't get rid of the one I bought for my Jeep before I sold it. I thought the damn things were hard to come by and would sell easily. Guess not, cause nobody wants the damn thing.
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity Dodge Gas”