2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
joelf223
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:21 pm

2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Post by joelf223 »

Part Number: u7131
Version: v.1r09
2006 Dodge ram 2500, 5.9L Cummins Diesel

So I installed 1R09 today, when I hooked the tool back up to the truck and tried to load the tune I got an error "this tool is not licensed for use in this vehicle"
When I look through the tool menus, there is no VIN saved anywhere. Any ideas how I can get the tool working again?

Thanks
MR.T
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:39 am

RE: 2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Post by MR.T »

Did you restore the original tune before updating?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: 2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Post by mikel »

did you select the correct vehicle after the update?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
joelf223
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:21 pm

RE: 2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Post by joelf223 »

Yes, I restored the original tune before the update.

I don't remember if I selected the correct vehicle after the update. If the option was presented to me, it's not that hard, but I guess I could have messed it up. Is there a good way to check?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: 2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Post by mikel »

just redo it, options/change vehicle type.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
joelf223
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:21 pm

RE: 2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Post by joelf223 »

Well that seems easy enough, I'll try it when I get home.

Thanks
joelf223
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:21 pm

RE: 2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Post by joelf223 »

So, I changed the vehicle type and tried again, same error. Any other suggestions?
joelf223
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:21 pm

RE: 2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Post by joelf223 »

The trinity is still out of commision, any other suggestions??
Post Reply

Return to “General Trinity”