Hello, using my inTune I got last week I loaded the diablo tune with TCM set to firm. cruzing down the intersate today at 70 another corvette came along side, so I HIT IT HARD the car jumped into passing gear and wound out without shifting to another gear, untill, i totally had no tranny. the motor was running but i had NO acceleretion at all. I headed for the shoulder fully expecting to have to be towed, when the car slowed down to around 65 the tranny stated working again and i had no further issue the rest of the day
this all happend in a few seconds. my 2006 corvette z51 is stock except for the tunes. I was in D with traction control on. I was basically just nornal cruzin when I hit, No kidding it scared the crap out of me, I thought really broke something.(tranny ot torque converter) I wish i would have noticed the rpms or speed, but when the car stopped accelerating and just started screaming, i stared heading for the shoulder..
what would be the procedures on how do I REMOVE the TCM tune from my Corvette, but leave the diablo tune and drive for a while ?
Also, is it nessassary to continually update my unit, once my car has the diablo tune installed? do these updates have ANY effect on the tunes for my 2006 Corvette ? or are they to update the UNIT. I have not recieved any emails about updating my unit.
respect,
anthony
2006 Corvette TCM shifting issue (only once so far)
Plug the unit back into your car. You can restore original factory TCM by going to write tune. This will bring you to the menu that will ask you to restore factory TCM. You will check yes. That should restore your factory TCM tune. As far as updates i think it is a good idea to keep your tool up to date.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
you can restore the stock tunes, then choose to load the pcm tune and not the tcm tune if you swish.
No need to update frequently...
SOunds like maybe it tickled the limiter ont he downshift, was it OK after simply shutting it off and starting back up?
No need to update frequently...
SOunds like maybe it tickled the limiter ont he downshift, was it OK after simply shutting it off and starting back up?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
weird, keep an eye on it and let us know...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Hey Satch606, thanks for responding I was wondering if I was the only one. I'm a little nervous about testing to see if it will do it again, but how else will i ever know. to duplicate the senero. just cruze at 70 and the push and hold the pedal as far down as possible. My corvette almost jumped up. it was really a huge difference from a stock. but this time it just did not shift out of passing gear. scarry
will keep an very close eye, but like i said i'm a little nervous about testing this out.
anthony
will keep an very close eye, but like i said i'm a little nervous about testing this out.
anthony
Its really odd. Doesnt happen often and not always in the same way. The other day I was on the highway and manually pulled it out of overdrive to pass.... 3 rd gear squeezed the throttle body open nice and slow down towards the floor and it released and pegged off the rev limiter. I et off the gas and squezzed a little throttle back in and it was back to norm.anthonym wrote:Hey Satch606, thanks for responding I was wondering if I was the only one. I'm a little nervous about testing to see if it will do it again, but how else will i ever know. to duplicate the senero. just cruze at 70 and the push and hold the pedal as far down as possible. My corvette almost jumped up. it was really a huge difference from a stock. but this time it just did not shift out of passing gear. scarry
will keep an very close eye, but like i said i'm a little nervous about testing this out.
anthony