air sensor values C6

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
corsair2002
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:08 pm

air sensor values C6

Post by corsair2002 »

I was wondering if anyone knew where the "air intake" sensor get's it's value from, is it located with the MAF? The temp that is displayed in the car has it's temperature sensor located just inside the grill. Now when I log data from the predator and choose "ambient air" and "intake air" i am curious to where those sensors are located, because the ambient air doesn't match the outside temp, I am guessing that ambient air sensor is located in the engine bay somewhere. That said, where is the intake temp sensor? I am just curious because the intake temp sometimes goes higher, never see it lower than the ambient air. I have a Callaway Honker installed. Anybody know where these sensors are that are logged by the predator?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: air sensor values C6

Post by mikel »

It is 1 sensor.
Ambient is the reading taken at start up, and IAT is the live value from the sensor.
If the car is heat-soaked on startup, it will display a higher ambient reading, if cool, it will be close to outside temp.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
corsair2002
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:08 pm

Post by corsair2002 »

Well, when I log the values though, the ambient temperature slowly drops down, which makes sense as i start driving. So it doesn't seem to be just from startup.
Post Reply

Return to “Predator GM Gas”