New Intune - No 93 Octane Canned Tune Listed in Program

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
asphaltgambler

New Intune - No 93 Octane Canned Tune Listed in Program

Post by asphaltgambler »

I hope I am posting to the correct part of this forum for my issue. I have a new Intune serial #1812244545 / My veh is 2007 Jeep SRT8 with 50k on the clock. The only additions are Cat-back exhaust and Mopar CAI - otherwise stock.

I have registered here as well as the unit earlier today

A few questions:

1) When I connected the intune to my veh and opened list of tunes available the only 'top' choice of canned tunes was 91 octane with CAI. I live in northern Va. The average elevation is @600ft above sea level and majority of the time the air quality (oxygen content) is very good. Also we have 93 octane everywhere. I am looking to maximize the performance via the tune.

So do you have a canned tune/file available for my needs to start with? OR Please give your recommendation.

2) I did follow directions to check updates connecting the unit to PC but did not get a prompt. So I assume that it is.

thanks
Mike_Levy

RE: New Intune - No 93 Octane Canned Tune Listed in Program

Post by Mike_Levy »

93 Tune is called Diablo Tune, 93 CAI Tune is simply called CAI Tune or something similar.
asphaltgambler

RE: New Intune - No 93 Octane Canned Tune Listed in Program

Post by asphaltgambler »

I'm not sure that is correct. In the canned tunes listed on my unit there are only few options in the performance tune catagory. There is 91 octane w/CAI - there is no 93 octane -OR- 93 CAI at all listed. If there is; please send me the direct file path from the start menu on the unit please.

Thanks
RTJim

Post by RTJim »

Check this post of mine, it might explain it better.
See if your Jeep has the same as my Dodge 5.7 Hemi
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?na ... ic&t=39549
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7 Hemi
asphaltgambler

Post by asphaltgambler »

OK, so it looks like the 93 octane and CAI tune is under the File/Header CAI. I will go back this evening and plug the unit in and select that file and read the description to be sure.

Also I see I am not the first person who has had this issue and agree that the file header / description is misleading. I'm in the business and the one thing that pisses me off quickly is purchasing something like this and then having to try to figure out how to properly use it when some parts the tuner menu is not completely descriptive. The solution seems very simple. When naming the file header on the menu list, re-name it so the naming convention stays the same. IE: 91 OCT CAI then 93 OCT CAI and so on.

One more question, I have already loaded the 91 CAI tune with some settings (cooling fan) modified. If the CAI with 93 octane tune is there and available and I then choose to load it.......... will my previous modified settings be erased and I need to go back through all settings in the new tune? Thanks
Oldsaltydog

Post by Oldsaltydog »

Yep
Oldsaltydog
2010 silverado cc
BullyDog CAI diablew tuned Intune
Custom cat bak xhaust
5.3L. 3.73 gears 18x10 17ks
Cooper 35x12.50x18 STMAXX"S
7 inches of lift
Victory Red Roll Tide
RTJim

Post by RTJim »

asphaltgambler wrote:One more question, I have already loaded the 91 CAI tune with some settings (cooling fan) modified. If the CAI with 93 octane tune is there and available and I then choose to load it.......... will my previous modified settings be erased and I need to go back through all settings in the new tune? Thanks
I have the InTune and can only speak for my experience with my 2009 Dodge 5.7 Hemi.

But I just changed my tune from a modified stock tune to the DiabloSport 91 CAI tune. It kept all my "adjustments" like shift point, shift firmness, rev limit, etc.

I was prepared to change all these after selecting "Write Tune", "CAI 91 Octane Tune"; but those "adjustment" settings were still there and when I wrote the tune to the car, it was correct. After selecting the CAI tune, it asked if I wanted to reset all adjustable parameters, say NO. I don't know if all parameters are like this.
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7 Hemi
asphaltgambler

Post by asphaltgambler »

RT Jim - thanks!