2005 LLY u7185 Fuel Pressure Issue with tune?

Predator support for GM diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

yfzgoody

Re: 2005 LLY u7185 Fuel Pressure Issue with tune?

Post by yfzgoody »

Sorry it took me so long to get over here to this forum and put something up. Im the one that posted on DF about having the EXACT same issues. To DiabloSport, when I say EXACT, I MEAN EXACT. P1093 Code. Causing Limp. Max Desired Rail Pressure at WOT is only 16xxx. Actual Pressure is dead on with it. Also at Idle my Desired Rail Pressure is only 3072. I do not get my P1093 code while at WOT, it happens AFTER I let off the throttle, which is the EXACT same thing the OP has going on too. I loved the predator on my 04.5 LLY. Thats why i bought this one for my 05 LLY. My dad has my old truck and there are differences in our Predators. He can only tow on the 45 and 65hp tune with a 6k weight limit or something like that on the 65hp tune. Mine on the other hand, can tow on 45/65/and 85. My weight limits are 9k on 65 and 6k on 85. I could be wrong on levels and total weight, BUT I know I can tow on all tunes except for EXTREME. So obviously there are differences in between his and mine. Im not sure of which software are on either one, I can check if needed. His truck wont limp or throw the p1093 code. Identical mods on both trucks. 4" straight pipe exhaust, CAI, LBZ MP. Its got to be something in the tunes. Old predator is having no problems. New Predator is, on 2 different trucks that we are telling you about, AND ITS EXACTLY THE SAME. Im tired of my truck "limping" due to this fuel rail pressure problem. Obviously there is no problem with the rail pressure if it cant read it right to begin with. Also, BOTH of our trucks, mine and OP, throw the code and limp AFTER hard acceleration and release of throttle. HMMMMMM. Think you all might wanna figure this out before you loose atleast 3 more to EFILive. Yes I can DataLog and send you all the info you want, as soon as you all send me the PC Interface Kit.
kai1414

Post by kai1414 »

How bout it guys? Any progress? It doesn't appear that its just me that's having this problem. There has to be a cause somewhere. Whenever I run the tuner I'm still having the same problems including the 1093 limp when I let off.
yfzgoody

Post by yfzgoody »

BUMP! Anything yet?
Vas@Diablosport

Post by Vas@Diablosport »

We are still looking in to this. We are unable to duplicate this issue on our own Duramaxs here, so it is going to take a little longer to figure out what is causing it.
No, i don't work here.
kai1414

Post by kai1414 »

Vas@Diablosport wrote:We are still looking in to this. We are unable to duplicate this issue on our own Duramaxs here, so it is going to take a little longer to figure out what is causing it.

Keep us posted please. It's becoming more and more evident that this isn't just one or two isolated trucks with this issue.
Buck02

Post by Buck02 »

I will try to get back on this issue this week. We have not forgot about this.
kai1414

Post by kai1414 »

Buck02 wrote:I will try to get back on this issue this week. We have not forgot about this.
No worries, I understand that there are other things that have to be done. I'd just really like to find what it is that's causing the strange display values and more importantly the 1093 code. I'm sure it's something simple, just hard to find.
kai1414

Post by kai1414 »

Buck02 wrote:I will try to get back on this issue this week. We have not forgot about this.

It's been a while guys.... any progress? I know I'm not the only one out there with this problem when using the Predator. Love to find some answer to it.

Thanks.
kai1414

Post by kai1414 »

Alright Guys,

Seems to be clear where the priorities are. My business will be going elsewhere and I don't think I'll be very likely to recommend your products to anyone in the future. Pretty patient on this end and really not getting much out of your end. To the competition I go.
mikel

Post by mikel »

kai1414 wrote:Alright Guys,

Seems to be clear where the priorities are. My business will be going elsewhere and I don't think I'll be very likely to recommend your products to anyone in the future. Pretty patient on this end and really not getting much out of your end. To the competition I go.
I apologize.
Buck left the company a few months ago, and we are seeking a talented diesel tuner to replace him currently...

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Jakedog11

Post by Jakedog11 »

I've got a 05 LLY and having similar issues. I was told by a tech at Diablosport that the cause is the Predator doesn't work with the Allison transmission and he recommended buying a different tuner from a different company. What? Why did I buy Predator for an LLY if the company knows it won't work with that truck? I get the limp mode, nothing over 2000 rpms, new hardware and fresh tunes, however I get no CEL and no 1093 codes.
I'm thinking I'll go Hypertech or Banks next time.
mikel

Post by mikel »

I cant imagine anyone here telling you anything like that?

Why would this code have anything to do with supporting the allison?
FWIW, there is no handheld that does support the Allison to my knowledge....

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
kai1414

Post by kai1414 »

I'll back Diablosport on that one. My codes have nothing to do with transmission at all. You comment belongs somewhere else other than this thread. Hopefully Diablosport puts in some time and sorts this issue out for LLY owners with their products.
JoeLee

Post by JoeLee »

I have the same problem with my '04 lly. I too have had extensive dealership diagnosis. The vehicle is operating as designed until I use the programmer. I would like t continue to use the programmer if there is a fix. Please help!