Intune Touchscreen
Intune Touchscreen
The touchscreen on my Intune has a mind of its own. When I'm trying to access an item from the menu, it will sometimes randomly choose another menu item. I was in the Analog config menu trying to set up my AFR sensor and it would randomly select characters and at one point was stuck on the "_" character and just ran them across the screen.
Is the touchscreen affected by the software updates?
Is the touchscreen affected by the software updates?
- mikel
- Posts: 58777
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Intune Touchscreen
there is an option to recalibrate the screen if youd like to give us a call we can walk you through it.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: Intune Touchscreen
Ok, thanks. Is there such a thing as the "best time to call"?
- mikel
- Posts: 58777
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Intune Touchscreen
right now...no calls holding.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: Intune Touchscreen
Update for anyone else with this issue. Just got off the phone with Tech Support. Tried to do the touchscreen calibration procedure, but couldn't. The calibration procedure requires using a stylus/end of a ball point pen to touch the center of a very small 'x'. However, my Intune has a mind of it's own and would go ahead and 'touch the screen' where ever it wanted so the calibration failed. Technician told me I'd have to fill out the RMA and send it back to DS.
Re: Intune Touchscreen
Another update. I received my Intune as a b-day gift from my wife. As I'm going through the RMA "rules", I see that you must send a copy of the original receipt with the product when you return it and that the customer is responsible for freight costs. No problem, I tell the wife and she tells me she has an email receipt from DS as she bought it direct from them online. I look at the receipt and the "Shipping & Handling" charge is $90. So if I assume that's what it will cost me, and that DS doesn't have a 500% markup on actual shipping costs, I'm looking at $180 to ship my Intune back to DS, have the brand new Intune "repaired" and shipped back to me. In my line of work as an accountant, we call that a money maker.
- mikel
- Posts: 58777
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Intune Touchscreen
Well, for starters, any warranty repairs are returned on our dime, you only pay to send it here, so it will only cost as much as you pay to get it here 
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: Intune Touchscreen
Not trying to get into a p***ing match, but from your website's RMA page:mikel wrote:Well, for starters, any warranty repairs are returned on our dime, you only pay to send it here, so it will only cost as much as you pay to get it here
"The customer will be responsible for all freight expenses. For more details on warranty click here"
Perhaps instead of trying to come up with a witty retort, you should do a quality check on the information you publish and ensure it clearly communicates what DS does and doesn't pay for on a warranty return so you don't confuse your customers.
I am still curious if one of the software updates could have caused the problem. It seems the touchscreen became possessed after I did the latest update. Is there a way to put the tool back to a previous software version?
BTW - the "click here" referenced above does not allow you to click anything.
- mikel
- Posts: 58777
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Intune Touchscreen
thats a bit misleading...if you go all the way to the bottom of the page it shows that defective returns under warranty with a receipt are shipping cost only, but it should say shipping to us only.
Loading an older software revision is not generally a good idea.
We have not had any screen related issues with any of the updates.
Thanks
Loading an older software revision is not generally a good idea.
We have not had any screen related issues with any of the updates.
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: Intune Touchscreen
I agree. If the customer only has to pay shipping costs back to DS, that's what it should say.mikel wrote:thats a bit misleading...if you go all the way to the bottom of the page it shows that defective returns under warranty with a receipt are shipping cost only, but it should say shipping to us only.
So if you don't think it could be a software issue, then I guess I have no choice but to send it back to DS. If it's determined to be a manufacturer's defect, do I assume I don't have to pay to have it fixed? The following excerpt from the Intune manual, Section 1.2 is a little confusing:
"Defective units shall be repaired and returned in like kind. All units that must be re-furbished to like new condition are subject to labor and parts charges to be determined by DiabloSport."
- mikel
- Posts: 58777
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Intune Touchscreen
There will be no charge for any repairs that were not caused by intentional misuse...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: Intune Touchscreen
Thank you. If what you just typed was actually the wording in the warranty section of the manual, I think it would be less confusing than what it says now.mikel wrote:There will be no charge for any repairs that were not caused by intentional misuse...