intune problems

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
kcards04

intune problems

Post by kcards04 »

I recently just bought a intune and had some major problems after installing the 93 octane tune on my 05 5.7L hemi grand cherokee. I then disconnected my battery for a few minutes to reset the whole system which was the only thing that helped my vehicle at all. I'm really on the iffy side of trying to install a different tune or just sending it back to get my refund. Has anyone else experienced this or have an opinion on things?
mikel

Re: intune problems

Post by mikel »

what was the problem?

How does it run with the tune?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
kcards04

Post by kcards04 »

The tune didn't seem to work at all. My jeep had no throttle response at all, the shift points seem to be around 3000-3500 RPM's for every gear, and there was a major shaking when slowing to a stop while actually cutting of sometimes. I talk to tech support yesterday on how to fix it but I haven't attempted to try again seeing how I'm afraid it's just going to happen again.
mikel

Post by mikel »

sounds like it may have been on a really old firmware, and needs to be updated.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
kcards04

Post by kcards04 »

Every time I plug it in to the computer it says software up to date
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Its not the firmware. Its the 05 MDS, not knowing which mode its in. This happens on a lot of 2005 Hemis. Disconnecting the battery resets the MDS system so it knows whats going on.
kcards04

Post by kcards04 »

I disconnected the battery for 5-10 minutes and reset the jeep and it fixed all the problems I had with it, but is there a way to fix this so that the intune will work for my jeep?
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

The problem should only happen after a program is installed. Once you reset the system after the install, it will be fine. You can use the inTune without any issues.
kcards04

Post by kcards04 »

I'm sorry to seem a little ignorant on the subject but I'm new with this thing. So are you saying I can install the tune I want then if the vehicle kind of has problems then disconnect the battery and after connecting it again it should work with the correct tune settings?
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Yes. If you have the rough running and stuff after installing the tune, just disconnect the battery for a while. When you reconnect it, everything will be fine and the tune will be installed. You may not have to disconnect it, so check after you install the tune.