Headers on 2011 Ram, Disable Rear o2 Sensor with Trinity

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

RamRT

Headers on 2011 Ram, Disable Rear o2 Sensor with Trinity

Post by RamRT »

The title pretty much says it all..I just ordered a Trinity for my 2011 Ram Hemi and I'd like to know if I can disable my rear o2 sensors with it, or if I have to get a custom tune. Right now I have a tune from B&G which has the o2 sensors disabled and it made the truck run a gazillion times better.

On a side note, what will I have to do to get the Trinity running on my truck since I already have a tune from B&G using my stock PCM?
Mike_Levy

Re: Headers on 2011 Ram, Disable Rear o2 Sensor with Trinity

Post by Mike_Levy »

You have to get a custom tune. Disabling any emissions equipment is illegal. DiabloSport tuners will not let you do something illegal. What their CMR dealers do is on the dealers, not Diablosport. Any fines they get hit with is their problem. They can pay them if they wish or pass them onto the person who they did the tune for.
RamRT

Post by RamRT »

Okay, so could I maybe get a custom tune emailed to me that would have the o2 sensors disabled? I'm looking for an option that doesn't cost a fortune, cause I've already spent too much into the this whole tuning mess..

Also my other question, "On a side note, what will I have to do to get the Trinity running on my truck since I already have a tune from B&G using my stock PCM?"
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Yes, an email tune from Tuning SS or another tuner could do it.

Not sure about the B&G tune. Gonna have to wait until Brian comes in tomorrow or one of the other guys sees this. I believe it will backup the B&G tune as the Original and program with the Diablo tune, but theres a chance that it won't.
RamRT

Post by RamRT »

I got the 93 Performance tune installed today, and I really like it! With the exception of the rear o2 sensors being on, it kinda runs crappy at cruising speeds, just like it did with a stock tune. I did however love the shifting, and it pulls really hard at WOT. Any suggestions on how I can get a cheap email tune to turn off the o2 sensors?
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Tuning SS is pretty cheap to turn off the sensors. PM them on here, user name tuningss.
RamRT

Post by RamRT »

Thanks for the quick replies! :D