No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

maherm
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:20 pm

No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post by maherm »

2012 Chrysler SRT8...Did the update, installed the canned tune 93 oct., on-off-on...until it stated that it can not resume because of mis communication, asked me to go back to original, pressed yes....stopped writing saying PCM error disconnect and try again, did that many times and at the end there was a PCM error....car is DEAD...no igntion...Please help :| .

calid: 68041670AA

VIN# 2C3CCAFJ6CH315772

Thanks
maherm
maherm
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:20 pm

Re: No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post by maherm »

disconnected battery and reconnected, now I have an an anti-theft code to be entered :shock: and no ignition
don't know what to do :crashing:
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

Re: No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post by Mike_Levy »

Gonna have to wait until tomorrow when Tech Support gets in. They don't work on the weekend.
badhemi
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Re: No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post by badhemi »

try disconnecting negative battery cable for 2 minutes and try again..
maherm
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:20 pm

Re: No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post by maherm »

:shock: disconnected for 5 minutes...nothing....lights on electricals on, but no ignition

[/img]
badhemi wrote:try disconnecting negative battery cable for 2 minutes and try again..
User avatar
Bullet85
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:33 pm

Re: No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post by Bullet85 »

maherm wrote::shock: disconnected for 5 minutes...nothing....lights on electricals on, but no ignition

[/img]
badhemi wrote:try disconnecting negative battery cable for 2 minutes and try again..
Risky job but, pull ur PCM out and remount it
12 Charger SRT8: LMI Intake, SLP LM exhaust........waiting on CMR, then il buy a Trinity
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

Re: No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post by Mike_Levy »

Its not gonna work. He needs to force the stock tune back and reset the inTune. Both require a password from Tech Support.
maherm
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:20 pm

Re: No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post by maherm »

car is towed and at the dealer for diagnosis and a re-flash I guess :normal: :roll:
ricks
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Re: No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post by ricks »

maherm wrote:car is towed and at the dealer for diagnosis and a re-flash I guess :normal: :roll:
Someone else will jump in here but I'm pretty sure you do NOT want the dealer to touch the car until you talk to Diablosport.
Rick
2009 Challenger SRT
Kenne Bell 2.8LC Supercharger
maherm
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:20 pm

Re: No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post by maherm »

don,t know what to do now, I guess they will find out :punisher:

Any insights by Diablosport guys will be appreciated.
I know the dealer service manager and can check on the programming if needed by DS.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58777
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post by mikel »

push button start in place?

pop the starter button out and try the key please, before they do anything expensive.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
maherm
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:20 pm

Re: No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post by maherm »

I will try that and let u know.
Thanks
maherm
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:20 pm

Re: No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post by maherm »

they told me that the pcm has no tune at all, I guess writing the stock tune back to the PCM did not succeed and it might be locked in the trinity.

Trinity # 6K0VKF6
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58777
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post by mikel »

I will gladly offer to reflash the PCM for you for free if they think there is any problem.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
maherm
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:20 pm

Re: No ignition after installation...car is dead

Post by maherm »

Car is back :D the service manager told me that the program written to the car was for a manual transmission and that is why I was getting the "press clutch message" :normal:
One thing I am sure of now.....Trinity will be kept as far as I can from my new SRT.
SOrry guys, but I will wait till u fix all the problems then I might consider....I'm too nervous to touch the programmer even :crashing:
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity Dodge Gas”